Steven Spielberg Promises 'Robopocalypse' Is Not Dead Yet
There's still a hope that Steven Spielberg's sci-fi project "Robopocalypse" will get the green light someday. Though yesterday it was announced that the big movie gig was put on hold indefinitely, Spielberg himself vowed that he would not abandon the project.
To Entertainment Weekly, the "Lincoln" helmer explained why the robot film was postponed all of a sudden. "We found that the film was costing a lot of money and I found a better way to tell the story more economically but also much more personally," he said.
Promising that he would keep going with the long-gestating project, the veteran filmmaker stated, "I found the personal way into Robopocalypse, and so I just told everybody to go find other jobs, I'm starting on a new script and we'll have this movie back on its feet soon."
Though noting that he's not sure when he might begin the production, Spielberg estimated that the delay might take place around six to eight months. He didn't plan to scrap the project off his to-do list as claiming, "Not at all. I'm working on it as we speak."
"Robopocalypse", which has already tapped Chris Hemsworth, Anne Hathaway and Ben Whishaw, was first announced in October 2010 as Spielberg's next project after "War Horse". Drew Goddard served as the scribe, adapting the story from Daniel H. Wilson's 2011 book of the same name.
The production was originally set to kick off in January 2012, but was delayed due to Spielberg's busy schedule with "Lincoln". The Presidential movie itself became the biggest nominee at this year's Academy Awards as it snatched 12 nods in total, including Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor for Daniel Day-Lewis and Best Supporting Actor for Tommy Lee Jones.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked