Josh Brolin on His Infamous New Year's Arrest: 'It Was a Fun Thing'
Josh Brolin didn't mind to poke fun at his own arrest that happened during the New Year's Day. The 44-year-old actor addressed the recent headline-grabbing issue when promoting his latest movie "Gangster Squad" on "Good Morning America" Wednesday morning, January 9.
When host George Stephanopoulos asked Brolin "what happened" on the first day of 2013, when he was arrested for alleged public intoxication in Santa Monica, the "Men in Black 3" actor jokingly responded, "New Year's - that's what happened."
The husband of actress Diane Lane went on sharing, "I'm the one guy who's out there and they go, 'Hey, there's Josh - let's grab him,' you know." He insisted, "It was New Year's. It was pretty innocent thing. It was a fun thing."
Despite discussing a sensitive case, Brolin managed to add a sense of humor to his personal issue. He went on joking about his infamous mug shot, "The most awful thing about it is you see this shot of me like this [makes angry face] - they don't show you the other shot where I turn and had a huge smile on my face."
"So you know, whatever - they were very sweet to me actually," the California native continued. "[The media outlets] sensationalize it - you make it into something else, but whatever."
Just a few days ago, Brolin grabbed the headline as the news of his arrest emerged. The actor was reportedly taken into police custody at 3:02 A.M. on Tuesday, January 1 for public intoxication. He was later released at 7:14 A.M. after sobering up and reportedly posting $250 bail. Luckily for him, he was let go with no citation.
The infamous New Year's arrest marked the third time Brolin had a run-in with the law in ten years. Back in 2004, he was arrested on a misdemeanor charge after allegedly fighting with his wife. In 2008, he was charged again after having a bar fight in Louisiana. However, both charges were later dropped.
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?
- Kanye West Leaves L.A. in the Middle of the Night Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab