Sandra Bullock Honored at People's Choice Awards as Favorite Humanitarian
Sandra Bullock is the People's Choice of Favorite Humanitarian for her tireless philanthropic efforts particularly her contribution to the New Orleans's Warren Easton Charter High School. Bullock's good friend, actress Regina King, who was her co-star in her 2005 movie "Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous" introduced the highlight reel showing the humanitarian work of the highest paid actress in 2012.
Receiving the award at the famed Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles, 48-year-old Bullock told the audience, "I'm not at all being modest when I say I'm not doing anything compared to what they do on a daily basis." She was her typical funny and humble self throughout her acceptance speech, wherein she joked about the tough principal at the charter high school as she mentioned the tireless dedication of the school's students and teachers. "I've seen her," she teased. "Yeah, you don't want to go into that office."
Bullock adopted Warren Easton Charter High School six months after it was hit by Hurricane Katrina back in 2005. The Oscar winning actress donated hundreds of thousands of dollars for the school's renovation after it sustained $4 million in damages. Her donation allowed the charter school, the first public high school for boys in Louisiana, to rebuild their school buildings and a new health clinic, and to buy new band uniforms and athletic equipment.
The multi-awarded actress' ties with New Orleans grew even stronger when in 2010, she adopted her son, Louis, who was from New Orleans, where Bullock also has a house in Garden District.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby