Jimmy Kimmel Beats David Letterman in First 11:35 Telecast
Jimmy Kimmel has heated up the competition at 11:35 P.M. slot. In its first telecast in the new time slot on Tuesday night, January 8, "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" scored 3.1 million viewers, beating out his idol David Letterman's show on CBS by 7% in total viewers (2.9 million).
Kimmel, however, fell short of winning over his big enemy Jay Leno. "JKL" ran neck-and-neck with NBC's "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" with only 177,000 total viewers separating the two programs. Leno won in term of total viewers with 3.3 million.
With 887,000 viewers in adults 18-49, "JKL" ranked No. 1 in the coveted demo in 13 of Local People Meters markets during its time period. In Households markets, the ABC late-night talk show won in 8 of Top 10 markets, including New York and Los Angeles.
Moved to a new time slot, Kimmel got a new desk which was destroyed by Jennifer Aniston when the actress showed up as guest on Tuesday night. Smashing his table with a sledge hammer, the former "Friends" star thought it was the last 12:00 show and the set would be replaced with a new one when it moved to 11:35.
More Jimmy Kimmel Live! News
- Azealia Banks Unveils 'So Ghetto' Freestyle, RZA Sides With Russell Crowe After Record Deal Canceled
- Sofia Richie Blasts Tobey Maguire Romance Rumors
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Not Guilty in Pipeline Protest
- Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid Get Nose Jobs as Humanoid Pets
- Stephen Baldwin Not Fan of Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Impersonation on 'SNL'
- Kanye West Rips Jay-Z in Shocking Rant: 'There Will Never Be a Watch the Throne 2'
- 'Logan' Introduces X-23 in Official Teaser Trailer
- Watch This Chilling Video of Kim Kardashian Paris Robbery!