Ryan Gosling: I Can Play Flash in 'Justice League' Film Basically
Is Ryan Gosling interested in tackling the part of The Flash in Warner Bros. Pictures' "Justice League" movie? During a recent press junket for "Gangster Squad", Gosling jokingly gushed that he would consider taking the superhero role in the long-gestating DC movie.
Asked by Screen Crave if he would jump into a superhero genre, the Canadian hunk answered, "Well, they're all taken." When the interviewer suggested that he could star in the "JLA" pic and play Green Lantern or The Flash, the 32-year-old actor responded, "Well Ryan Reynolds is Green Lantern. I can get Flash basically."
Urged further if he seriously would do a superhero movie, Gosling explained, "Here's the thing. 'Drive' was my attempt at the superhero movie. I had a costume and everything. The scorpion jacket. It was like my cape. It was like the idea of a guy that had seen too many superhero movies and then decided that he was going to make himself one."
"Justice League" will see DC's most famous superheroes, Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, the Flash and more, uniting to fight evil forces. The movie has been reported to be released sometime in 2015, which could put it up right against its rival Marvel's "The Avengers 2".
The long-developed superhero ensemble movie still hasn't found its helmer, but has already tapped Will Beall as the screenwriter. No official cast ensemble has been announced for the film.
As for Gosling, the "Crazy, Stupid, Love." actor will very soon be seen in "Gangster Squad" which opens Stateside on January 11. His other next film is "Only God Forgives", an Asian-based thriller which reunites him with his "Drive" director Nicolas Winding Refn.
More Justice League News
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps