Ryan Gosling: I Can Play Flash in 'Justice League' Film Basically
Is Ryan Gosling interested in tackling the part of The Flash in Warner Bros. Pictures' "Justice League" movie? During a recent press junket for "Gangster Squad", Gosling jokingly gushed that he would consider taking the superhero role in the long-gestating DC movie.
Asked by Screen Crave if he would jump into a superhero genre, the Canadian hunk answered, "Well, they're all taken." When the interviewer suggested that he could star in the "JLA" pic and play Green Lantern or The Flash, the 32-year-old actor responded, "Well Ryan Reynolds is Green Lantern. I can get Flash basically."
Urged further if he seriously would do a superhero movie, Gosling explained, "Here's the thing. 'Drive' was my attempt at the superhero movie. I had a costume and everything. The scorpion jacket. It was like my cape. It was like the idea of a guy that had seen too many superhero movies and then decided that he was going to make himself one."
"Justice League" will see DC's most famous superheroes, Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, the Flash and more, uniting to fight evil forces. The movie has been reported to be released sometime in 2015, which could put it up right against its rival Marvel's "The Avengers 2".
The long-developed superhero ensemble movie still hasn't found its helmer, but has already tapped Will Beall as the screenwriter. No official cast ensemble has been announced for the film.
As for Gosling, the "Crazy, Stupid, Love." actor will very soon be seen in "Gangster Squad" which opens Stateside on January 11. His other next film is "Only God Forgives", an Asian-based thriller which reunites him with his "Drive" director Nicolas Winding Refn.
More Justice League News
- Comic-Con: 'Sherlock' Season 4 Trailer Teases the Demons Within, Star Says It's the Darkest Season
- Moving on? Iggy Azalea Spotted Cozying Up to French Montana at Las Vegas Club
- Lil Wayne Abruptly Walks Off Stage at Marijuana Festival After Just 10 Minutes
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video