Mumford and Sons, Black Keys and More Tapped to Perform at Grammys
Popular bands Mumford & Sons and The Black Keys will take the same Grammys stage where country music pop star Taylor Swift and R'n'B diva Rihanna will perform their nominated hits as they are all slated to perform at this year's Grammy Awards on February 10. It will mark the first time that the Black Keys perform on the Grammy stage, and the same goes for indie rock band Fun., newcomers to the annual music awards.
Both Mumford & Sons and Fun. got six Grammy nominations, the most number for any artist at this year's event, tying with Frank Ocean, Jay-Z and Kanye West. Both acts' latest studio sets, "Babel" and "Some Nights" respectively, are vying for the Album of the Year honor.
The Black Keys, whose effort "El Camino" is also up for Album of the Year, picked up five nominations, with its vocalist and guitarist Dan Auerbach also earning a Producer of the Year nod. Their single "Lonely Boy" is going against Fun.'s "We Are Young" and Swift's "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" for Record of the Year award. Both Swift and Rihanna picked three nominations each.
Rounding up the five nominees for Album of the Year are Frank Ocean's "Channel Orange" and Jack White's "Blunderbuss". The late great Indian musician Ravi Shankar is set to be posthumously honored with the Lifetime Achievement Award during the ceremonies that will be hosted by hip-hop star LL Cool J.
- G-Dragon Promises Big Bang Will Reunite as 5 Members
- Jay Park Signs With Roc Nation
- Justin Bieber Banned From China Over His 'Bad Behavior'
- Kim Kardashian Is 'Furious' After Video of Her Partying Hard Exposed
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer