Mumford and Sons, Black Keys and More Tapped to Perform at Grammys
Popular bands Mumford & Sons and The Black Keys will take the same Grammys stage where country music pop star Taylor Swift and R'n'B diva Rihanna will perform their nominated hits as they are all slated to perform at this year's Grammy Awards on February 10. It will mark the first time that the Black Keys perform on the Grammy stage, and the same goes for indie rock band Fun., newcomers to the annual music awards.
Both Mumford & Sons and Fun. got six Grammy nominations, the most number for any artist at this year's event, tying with Frank Ocean, Jay-Z and Kanye West. Both acts' latest studio sets, "Babel" and "Some Nights" respectively, are vying for the Album of the Year honor.
The Black Keys, whose effort "El Camino" is also up for Album of the Year, picked up five nominations, with its vocalist and guitarist Dan Auerbach also earning a Producer of the Year nod. Their single "Lonely Boy" is going against Fun.'s "We Are Young" and Swift's "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" for Record of the Year award. Both Swift and Rihanna picked three nominations each.
Rounding up the five nominees for Album of the Year are Frank Ocean's "Channel Orange" and Jack White's "Blunderbuss". The late great Indian musician Ravi Shankar is set to be posthumously honored with the Lifetime Achievement Award during the ceremonies that will be hosted by hip-hop star LL Cool J.
More Mumford & Sons News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding