Official: Justin Bieber to Pull Double Duty on 'Saturday Night Live'
Justin Bieber's "Saturday Night Live" gig has been confirmed by NBC. In a pres release, the network announces that the Canadian pop sensation will serve as both host and musical performer for a February 9 edition of the show.
The Biebs, who will launch his new album "Believe Acoustic" on January 29, first teased his "SNL" appearance earlier this month. He tweeted on January 2, "2013. what's coming? #snl ???"
Though it will mark the first time Bieber pulls a double duty on "SNL", the "Somebody to Love" singer has previously hosted the show in 2011. His first appearance on the variety series was in April 2010 during which he was tapped as a musical guest.
Words are, the 18-year-old singer has given a greenlight to "SNL" writers to poke fun at his recent pot smoking scandal.
Before the Bieber episode, "SNL" will return on January 19 with host Jennifer Lawrence and musical guest The Lumineers, and on January 26 with host Adam Levine and musical guest Kendrick Lamar.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard
- Justin Bieber Spotted on Dinner Date With Nicola Peltz
- Take a Peek at Gwen Stefani's 'Misery' Music Video in This Teaser
- Miranda Lambert Closes Her Boutique, Sells Building to Ex-Husband Blake Shelton
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?