Official: Justin Bieber to Pull Double Duty on 'Saturday Night Live'
Justin Bieber's "Saturday Night Live" gig has been confirmed by NBC. In a pres release, the network announces that the Canadian pop sensation will serve as both host and musical performer for a February 9 edition of the show.
The Biebs, who will launch his new album "Believe Acoustic" on January 29, first teased his "SNL" appearance earlier this month. He tweeted on January 2, "2013. what's coming? #snl ???"
Though it will mark the first time Bieber pulls a double duty on "SNL", the "Somebody to Love" singer has previously hosted the show in 2011. His first appearance on the variety series was in April 2010 during which he was tapped as a musical guest.
Words are, the 18-year-old singer has given a greenlight to "SNL" writers to poke fun at his recent pot smoking scandal.
Before the Bieber episode, "SNL" will return on January 19 with host Jennifer Lawrence and musical guest The Lumineers, and on January 26 with host Adam Levine and musical guest Kendrick Lamar.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Jamie Foxx's Wild Night Out: Boozing and Grinding With Mystery Women
- Listen to Jamie Lynn Spears' Comeback Single 'Sleepover'
- Chloe Moretz: 'I Wanted a Boob Job and Butt Reduction' at Age 16
- Bradley Cooper and Irina Shayk Talk About Building a Future and Having Kids Together
- Check Out These New 'Fast 8' Ice Cars From Iceland Set
- Kelly Clarkson Signs With Atlantic Records, Readies Soul Album for Next Year
- Jesse Is Back on 'The Flash' in Season 3. Will She Turn Into Speedster?
- Justin Bieber Sprains His Ankle After Basketball Game, Tells Fans Not to Worry