Major Details of 'Godzilla' Emerge as Legendary Files Lawsuit Against Producers
As "Godzilla" began its hunt for the lead actor, spoilerish news surrounding the plot details of the upcoming reboot project make their way out onto the web. CHUD claims that it has obtained trusted information from an insider, detailing what the film will feature when it hits theaters next year.
According to the site, the Gareth Edwards-directed remake movie [SPOILER ALERT!] will have not just the titular legendary monster, but also two new monsters wreaking havoc in the city. Furthermore, it is said that the film "follows the story of a soldier" and is "way different" than the original "Godzilla" movies by Toho.
Almost at the same time when the spoilerish news comes out, Deadline shares another news that Legendary Pictures has taken a legal action on Wednesday, January 9 following the departure of the film's producers Dan Lin and Roy Lee. Filing the suit against Lin, Lee and Doug Davidson, the studio wants to have the three completely removed from the big reboot project.
The studio also wants the court to "order arbitration to stop a potential temporary restraining order by the defendants against the film's production," so the site reports. "This dispute... concerns Defendants' assertion that they are entitled to substantial producing fees and backened compensation on the Film," says the suit. The three producers have yet to release comments regarding the issue.
To open in the U.S. on may 16, 2014, "Godzilla" has been generating positive early buzz from fans since it was teased at last year's San Diego Comic-Con. "We're going to take it seriously. If this really happened, what would it be like? It's very grounded [and] realistic," director Edwards once said of his vision on the potential tentpole project.
- Report: John Mayer Dating Natalie Morales
- Report: Jennifer Garner's 'Pregnant and Alone' After Ben Affleck Divorce Filing
- '13 Reasons Why' Is Near Season 2 Renewal on Netflix
- Chris Soules Called 911 After Deadly Car Crash, Tried to Help Victim
- 'Alien: Covenant' New Prologue Reveals 'Prometheus' Big Mystery
- Johnny Depp Surprises Pirates of the Caribbean Riders at Disneyland as Captain Jack Sparrow
- Drake and Draymond Green Mock Each Other in Hilarious Meme War
- Will Smith and DJ Jazzy Jeff to Reunite for First Live Performances in 12 Years