Jimmy Kimmel Takes a Jab at KimYe on His Show's First 11:35 Telecast
Comedian and TV host Jimmy Kimmel's daily late-night talk show on ABC "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" premiered at its new 11:35P.M. timeslot on January 8, and Kimmel made sure to highlight it as early as possible during his opening monologue for the show. "I am now 25 minutes closer to my lifelong dream of co-hosting 'The View'," Kimmel said.
The 45-year-old Kimmel then expressed how seriously he took the responsibility given to him by ABC execs, pitting him against the two kings of late night, Jay Leno and David Letterman, by zinging popular and "recently-pregnant" couple "KimYe". "I understand what's at stake here, and I don't take this responsibility lightly, especially with the Kanye West - Kim Kardashian baby on the way," Kimmel jokingly said. "This is the time I shine bright like a diamond."
Kimmel took the spot formerly occupied by "Nightline" and he lost no time in assuring its loyal viewers that his show would continue to tackle the hard news. "For those of you who turned in to see Nightline, this is not it. But just because this isn't Nightline doesn't mean we won't talk about important issues," Kimmel said before blurting out, "Did you know Honey Boo Boo's mother is afraid of mayonnaise?"
Actress Jennifer Aniston appeared as Kimmel's special guest for the night, carrying a sledgehammer while still looking very lady-like in her little black dress. Aniston slammed away at Kimmel's desk as he repeatedly asked her "why did you do that?" Aniston replied with a fist-pump, saying "That's out with the old, in with the new, we're going to 11:30!" Kimmel turned the joke on Aniston by pretending that what she destroyed was the new desk, as he pulled part of the mess to serve as a makeshift desk. "We'll pretend we're doing a talk show during World War II," joked Kimmel.
More Jimmy Kimmel Live! News
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army
- Meghan Trainor to Release New Song 'I'm a Lady'