Led Zeppelin in Talks for Exclusive Streaming Deal
Led Zeppelin are the latest legendary artists to have finally taken the digital leap forward. The English rock band are reportedly in discussion with various subscription music services for the exclusive right to stream their extensive catalog. The companies currently vying for the license to Led Zeppelin's music include Spotify, Rdio and Rhapsody.
Led Zeppelin used to belong to a host of other rock acts who have continually held out going the digital music route, such as Pink Floyd, AC/DC and Eagles. However, just like Metallica and the Red Hot Chili Peppers who sold the rights for their music to Spotify last year, Led Zeppelin are now eyeing to have their extensive catalog of hits be streamed as millions and more of record sales are made online.
A spokesman for Warner Music, the band's longtime record label, said in a statement, "We're excited about the opportunity to collaborate with Led Zeppelin to activate streaming rights for their catalog. We're supportive of the band's discussions with W.M.G.'s streaming service partners to create a window of exclusivity to maximize the impact of this launch."
Composed of guitarist Jimmy Page, vocalist Robert Plant, bassist/keyboardist John Paul Jones and drummer John Bonham, the band are widely considered as one of the most successful, innovative and influential groups in the history of rock music, with an estimated 200-300 million albums sold worldwide. Last December, they were awarded special honours by Pres. Barack Obama in ceremonies held at the Kennedy Center, for their contribution to American culture and the arts.
More Led Zeppelin News
- Demi Lovato Debuts Steamy New Single 'Body Say', Brings Out T.I. at 'Future Now' Tour
- Rita Ora Hospitalized due to Exhaustion
- Tom Hanks Is a Hero in First 'Sully' Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Poses Topless for W Magazine. See the NSFW Pic!
- Watch Analeigh Tipton and Sofia Black D'Elia Battle Worm Flu Epidemic in 'Viral' Trailer
- Kourtney Kardashian Reportedly Pregnant Again With Ex Scott Disick's Baby
- 'Wayward Pines' 2.07 Preview: I Won't Surrender
- Get the Details of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Mid-Nuptial Agreement