Tina Fey Close to Land Female Lead Role in 'The Muppets' Sequel
After securing prestigious hosting gig at the upcoming 2013 Golden Globe Awards, Tina Fey is close to land a major big screen role in Walt Disney Pictures' "The Muppets Sequel". The Hollywood Reporter breaks the news that Fey is currently in final talks to take the female lead role in the puppet movie to be directed by James Bobin.
Fey reportedly is expected to star as a Russian gulag prison guard. She would join Ricky Gervais, who replaces Jason Segel as the main human character in the film franchise. Ty Burrell is also attached to the movie, playing a "lazy Interpol inspector." They are scheduled to begin filming in London this month.
The sequel to "The Muppets" will bring back Bobin to the directing seat. He also co-writes the script along with Nicholas Stoller after Segel refused to return to the franchise despite the success of the first movie. David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman are set to return as the producers.
Fey was last seen in 2010's "Date Night". She will next appear in "Admission" which also stars Paul Rudd. The "Muppets" sequel will reunite her with Gervais after they worked together in 2009's "The Invention of Lying".
- Kim Kardashian Planning to Use Her Toned-Down Image to Make Herself Richer
- Taran Killam Is the New King George of 'Hamilton' in New Instagram Photo
- Katherine Heigl and Josh Kelley Welcome Baby Boy - Find Out His Name
- Katie Holmes and Suri Cruise Have Mother-Daughter Date at Lakers Game
- Justin Bieber on Selena Gomez's Romance With The Weeknd: It's Only for Promotion
- Chris Brown and Rihanna May Start Hooking Up Again After Spotted Hanging Out Together
- Chris Pratt Shares Great Chemistry With Anna Faris in 'Mom' Sneak Peek
- Amber Rose Left Blushing After Beau Val Chmerkovkiy Kisses Her at NY Knicks Game