Prince's New Track 'Same Page, Different Book' Leaked
After posting an extended version of Prince's track "Laydown" and a remix of his latest hit single "Rock N' Roll Affair", a mysterious Twitter account under the name 3rdEyeGirl leaked the Grammy Award-winning artist's latest recording "Same Page, Different Book". Aside from providing the link to the new track via Twitter, 3rdEyeGirl also posted the new track's audio file on its YouTube channel.
The mysterious Twitter account continuously provides links to Prince's songs, including a live version of "Bambi", which first appeared in his 1979 album. There seems to be no information yet if the account is in any way affiliated with or authorized by The Purple One.
The funky, mid-tempo track "Same Page, Different Book" sounds similar to the former hits of The Artist Formerly Known As Prince. "There go the missiles / Headed for the hood / Trade another car bomb / Did nobody no good / Same page, but a different book / So much more in common if you'd only look," so he sings. A spoken part by Prince and a female backup emerge somewhere in the middle.
Prince will be honored in a special all-star tribute concert at the Carnegie Hall this coming March. The tribute concert produced by philanthropist Michael Dorf is set to raise funds for music education programs for underprivileged youth. Past honorees include Joni Mitchell, Bob Dylan, Elton John and Neil Young.
More Prince News
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back On After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone Leaving 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off