'Fifty Shades of Grey' Scribe Wants NC-17 Rating for the Movie
What rating should be given to "Fifty Shades of Grey" when hits theaters Stateside? Screenwriter Kelly Marcel has recently opened up that she hoped the film would be rated NC-17, indicating that all the sex-driven scenes in the E.L. James steamy book would definitely be brought to the big screen.
"We are 100 percent going there," Marcel told British papers The Sunday Times of her plan to write the raunchy movie. "It will be rated NC-17. It will be raunchy," so she claimed, but refusing to reveal who she thought were perfect to play the S&M couple Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele.
Should the movie really get an NC-17 rating, that would mean the big screen adaptation was not designed for wide-range of audience. Quickly clarifying the rating speculation, a representative for Universal Pictures said in a statement, "A screenplay has not yet been written, a rating has not been designated and we have no further comment."
"Fifty Shades of Grey" has become one of the most-talked-about movie projects since it was first announced earlier this year. While the film still hasn't secured its director, fans have been massively speculating on who are going to play lead couple Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele.
The story of the bestselling book itself follows the S&M relationship of 27-year-old billionaire Christian and college student Ana. Their relationship deepens in the book's sequels, "Fifty Shades Darker" and "Fifty Shades Freed". The first book is included in the New York Times bestseller list.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked