'Fifty Shades of Grey' Scribe Wants NC-17 Rating for the Movie
What rating should be given to "Fifty Shades of Grey" when hits theaters Stateside? Screenwriter Kelly Marcel has recently opened up that she hoped the film would be rated NC-17, indicating that all the sex-driven scenes in the E.L. James steamy book would definitely be brought to the big screen.
"We are 100 percent going there," Marcel told British papers The Sunday Times of her plan to write the raunchy movie. "It will be rated NC-17. It will be raunchy," so she claimed, but refusing to reveal who she thought were perfect to play the S&M couple Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele.
Should the movie really get an NC-17 rating, that would mean the big screen adaptation was not designed for wide-range of audience. Quickly clarifying the rating speculation, a representative for Universal Pictures said in a statement, "A screenplay has not yet been written, a rating has not been designated and we have no further comment."
"Fifty Shades of Grey" has become one of the most-talked-about movie projects since it was first announced earlier this year. While the film still hasn't secured its director, fans have been massively speculating on who are going to play lead couple Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele.
The story of the bestselling book itself follows the S&M relationship of 27-year-old billionaire Christian and college student Ana. Their relationship deepens in the book's sequels, "Fifty Shades Darker" and "Fifty Shades Freed". The first book is included in the New York Times bestseller list.
More Fifty Shades of Grey News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!