Lance Armstrong to Address Doping Scandal in 'No-Holds-Barred' Interview With Oprah Winfrey
Lance Armstrong agrees to give his first exclusive interview to Oprah Winfrey since he was stripped of his seven Tour de France titles and banned from cycling. The former athlete will appear on "Oprah's Next Chapter" in a special 90-minute episode.
The OWN media mogul will visit the 41-year-old cyclist for the upcoming "no-holds-barred" chat at his home in Austin, Texas. It will air Thursday, January 17 at 9:00 - 10:30 P.M. ET/PT and will be simultaneously streamed LIVE worldwide on Oprah.com.
"Looking forward to this conversation with @lancearmstrong," Oprah hypes up the upcoming episode on Twitter without giving any other details.
Announcing his retirement in 2011, Armstrong decided in August 2012 not to continue his fight against doping allegations brought by the US Anti-Doping Agency. He insisted his decision was not an admission of guilt, but a move to dedicate more time to his family and his Livestrong foundation to help cancer survivors.
It's unclear if he will make a confession regarding the alleged years-long scandal in the Oprah interview, but sources claim to WJS that he does consider to do it to rebuild his reputation. Rumor has it, he has consulted with associates at his home in Hawaii, and will emphasize that any doping he did was years ago.
Furthermore, Armstrong might give his lengthy side of story about the scandal in a tell-all book. Words are, he has been approached by several authors who are interested in co-penning the book but hasn't made a deal about the project just yet.
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift