Fox Boss Wants Britney Spears Back on 'The X Factor (US)'
Rumors suggest that Britney Spears will get fired from "The X Factor (US)" because she's too boring, but Fox's chairman Kevin Reilly says otherwise. When showing up at the Television Critics Association in Pasadena, California, he says he's impressed enough to want her back for upcoming third season.
"I thought it went very, very well," he says. "It was sort of fraught with unknowns, [but] I think Britney did a really good job. People are really fascinated with her and always will be. Last year the ratings were a little but higher, but I think it was a better show this year. I think she tucked in really nicely on the bench."
"She's just an interesting figure who's led a unique life, and I thought she brought some of that and people got to know her a little bit. Maybe some people were waiting for more drastic displays of some nature that never came," he adds, hinting at his desire to have her serve as a judge once again. He says, "Yeah," when asked to confirm.
Talks about new judges for the forthcoming season haven't started just yet since Simon Cowell is still away in vacation. L.A. Reid has already announced his exit from the show to focus on his job as a record label, while Demi Lovato has teased that she might leave as well.
- Machine Gun Kelly Explains Health Scare He Experienced During Concert
- Report: Mariah Carey Was a Diva While Visiting Disneyland
- New 'Justice League' Poster Brings Back Superman
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez' Candlelit Dinner
- Kim Zolciak's 4-Year-Old Son Gets Emergency Surgery After Being Bitten by Dog
- Kendrick Lamar Nabs Third No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'DAMN'
- Amber Heard and Elon Musk Confirm Relationship With PDA Pictures
- Kylie Jenner 'Turned On' by Travis Scott: He's 'More on Her Level' Than Tyga