Willow Smith Releases New Song 'Sugar and Spice'
Willow Smith's rose to fame via her hit dance single "Whip My Hair" but the child hip-hop/R'n'B singer sings a different melody in the new song "Sugar and Spice". In the new slow tune which she released via her SoundCloud, Willow sounds mature for her age, singing about melancholic lyrics that turns out to be quite depressing for a young artist in her pre-teens. "This is my soundcloud. I will be dropping a song in about 10 minutes," the 12-year-old performer announced on her Facebook page before posting the new song.
The daughter of the blockbuster-making couple Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith and younger sister to teen rapper and actor Jaden Smith sings better than most adults in this new single and evokes emotions that even some adult singers have difficulty doing. "I try to be sugar and spice / But I'm melancholic and can't do anything right / The monsters under my bed keep making noise and I / I just want silence, silence," she sings.
Willow sings about ridicule, "I sat in front of the TV screen / Sad he's always screaming at me / They wanna puncture me and then wonder why I bleed," about pain , "Inject my soul with darkness / And take my heart and go mark it" and dejection, "I'm in the dark, pain on the wall / But I don't see a thing / I write circles in the sky while I'm drowning."
Last spotted with her brother Jaden at the Los Angeles International Airport as they made their way through the terminal surrounded by their bodyguards, Willow has since kept a low profile. It may have something to do with her most recent "Fireball" collaboration with Nicki Minaj which was a commercial letdown.
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?