Kevin Bacon and James Purefoy Kiss During 'The Following' Presscon
During a news conference on Tuesday, January 8 in Pasadena, California for their upcoming show "The Following", Kevin Bacon and James Purefoy leaned in for a kiss in front of TV critics before complimenting each other during the panel interview. Bacon and Purefoy spontaneously kissed after a lady reporter complimented the two on their on their on-screen chemistry, saying her reaction to their intense face offs was, "I just want them to kiss."
Bacon plays retired FBI agent Ryan Hardy whose mission was to bring an old nemesis, serial killer Joe Carroll played by James Purefoy, back behind bars. The new Fox psycho-drama from director Kevin Williamson, best known for his 1996 film "Scream" and the supernatural drama TV series "The Vampire Diaries", airs on January 22.
Purefoy followed up their cheek-to-cheek with his own compliment of Bacon, saying that acting opposite Bacon is like playing tennis with someone who is better than you are - it ups your own game. "Each scene I play with him," professed Purefoy, "I feel myself getting a little better."
After the press briefing, the two stars continued to joke about their smooch while they tread the red carpet during Fox's Star Walk. Purefoy teased, "I wish he'd kept his tongue in his mouth. It was just a little slip in. He's a wonderful kisser. I think his wife is gonna be worried!" The English actor even kidded, "He's a little stubbly."
When asked if wife Kyra Sedgwick would be jealous of the short cheek-to-cheek, the famed film and theatre actor laughed, "Yeah, she'll be very jealous, I'm sure. We'll have to keep it on the down low."
Starring in his first TV role after a stellar movie career, Bacon revealed he has been searching for a series to work on for four years now before finally coming across "The Following". "I initially had thought that it was going to be on cable and I read this one and I could not put it down," he gushed about the script. "It was just such a page turner and I thought it was such an interesting character. Given the fast paced, heart pounding nature of it, it still had a lot of great heart and the certain kind of almost sentimentality that I really responded to."
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof