David Bowie Draws Positive Reactions to His Surprising Comeback
Within only a few hours after releasing his new single "Where Are We Now", news of David Bowie's return to the music scene spread like wildfire. Although he got mixed reviews from followers regarding his new track, the world was all agog over the return of The Thin White Duke. They just simply excited that the flamboyant artist, whom everyone thought has already retired and gone into seclusion, has finally returned to wow old fans and gain new followers.
With the release of the new single preceeding an even bigger surprise of a full 14-track standard edition album (and a 17-track deluxe version) entitled "The Next Day", Rolling Stone mused whether a tour is also in the works. Bowie last performed back in 2006 and was rarely seen in public since then, even turning down an opportunity to perform in last year's London Olympics despite a personal appeal by the opening ceremony's director Danny Boyle for the English musician to welcome billions of spectators to the London Summer Games.
The Los Angeles Times wondered if the glam-rock singer will be performing onstage anytime soon. "No mention of that is anywhere to be found on the artist's newly unveiled website, so idle speculation that Bowie will be gigging a certain desert music festival must remain just that," they wrote.
Spin, like most die-hard Bowie fans, was just basically thrilled to see the iconic musician "breaking the end of a decade-long hiatus from recording that left millions wondering whether one of rock's greatest icons had truly retired from the music business." Fans of the legendary rocker rejoiced over Twitter as they reveled that their idol "still got it" as tweets of birthday greetings were posted for Bowie who just turned 66.
Bowie expressed thanks for the overwhelming response, as his team released a statement via his own website, stating, "The response to the news we exclusively revealed in the small hours has been incredible and what nicer way to wish David Bowie a Happy Birthday than with all the positive responses on TV, radio, newspaper and social media sites."
- Suspect in Ariana Grande Concert Bombing Identified, His Brother Arrested by Police
- Ashley Tisdale and Lucas Grabeel Reunite to Cover Classic 'High School Musical' Song
- Katy Perry Wants to Celebrate Her $25M 'American Idol' Paycheck With a 'Beautiful Man'
- Hailey Baldwin Goes Braless for Maxim as She's Dubbed the World's Sexiest Woman
- 'The Voice' Live Finale Part 2: And the Winner of Season 12 Is....
- Kim Kardashian Faces Backlash Over Insensitive Tribute to Manchester Attack Victims
- Future Enlists Kendrick Lamar on 'Mask Off' Remix - Listen
- Karrueche Tran Denied Permanent Restraining Order Against Chris Brown