David Bowie Draws Positive Reactions to His Surprising Comeback
Within only a few hours after releasing his new single "Where Are We Now", news of David Bowie's return to the music scene spread like wildfire. Although he got mixed reviews from followers regarding his new track, the world was all agog over the return of The Thin White Duke. They just simply excited that the flamboyant artist, whom everyone thought has already retired and gone into seclusion, has finally returned to wow old fans and gain new followers.
With the release of the new single preceeding an even bigger surprise of a full 14-track standard edition album (and a 17-track deluxe version) entitled "The Next Day", Rolling Stone mused whether a tour is also in the works. Bowie last performed back in 2006 and was rarely seen in public since then, even turning down an opportunity to perform in last year's London Olympics despite a personal appeal by the opening ceremony's director Danny Boyle for the English musician to welcome billions of spectators to the London Summer Games.
The Los Angeles Times wondered if the glam-rock singer will be performing onstage anytime soon. "No mention of that is anywhere to be found on the artist's newly unveiled website, so idle speculation that Bowie will be gigging a certain desert music festival must remain just that," they wrote.
Spin, like most die-hard Bowie fans, was just basically thrilled to see the iconic musician "breaking the end of a decade-long hiatus from recording that left millions wondering whether one of rock's greatest icons had truly retired from the music business." Fans of the legendary rocker rejoiced over Twitter as they reveled that their idol "still got it" as tweets of birthday greetings were posted for Bowie who just turned 66.
Bowie expressed thanks for the overwhelming response, as his team released a statement via his own website, stating, "The response to the news we exclusively revealed in the small hours has been incredible and what nicer way to wish David Bowie a Happy Birthday than with all the positive responses on TV, radio, newspaper and social media sites."
More David Bowie News
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says