Premiere Date and New Trailer for Syfy's Action Series 'Defiance'
Syfy made use of the TCA winter press tour to promote its upcoming show "Defiance". During its panel on Monday, January 7, the network announced that the 12-episode season of the sci-fi series would launch Monday, April 15 at 9 P.M. with a two-hour premiere.
Executive produced by Kevin Murphy ("Desperate Housewives", "Caprica") and Michael Taylor ("Battlestar Galactica"), the show introduces an exotically transformed planet Earth. It follows Grant Bowler's Jeb Nolan, who settles in a border town where aliens and humans fight against the fragility of peace.
A game connected to the TV show is also developed with "its own narrative and story lines," said Murphy. He further explained, "They are shared universes with dual portals. If there is a catastrophic weather experience [in the TV show], the characters in the game [may] put that in motion."
A new trailer has recently been released via Entertainment Weekly, highligting the new St. Louis now called "Defiance" and Nolan's relationship with Irisa (Stephanie Leonidas), an Irathient warrior who serves as Nolan's deputy.
- Justin Bieber and Skrillex Sued for Allegedly Ripping Off 'Sorry'
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin Reach Divorce Settlement
- Nick Jonas Goes Shirtless in First Trailer for Erotic Thriller 'Careful What You Wish For'
- Johnny Depp Releases Statement Following Amber Heard Divorce
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce From Lamar Odom Again
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard