Premiere Date and New Trailer for Syfy's Action Series 'Defiance'
Syfy made use of the TCA winter press tour to promote its upcoming show "Defiance". During its panel on Monday, January 7, the network announced that the 12-episode season of the sci-fi series would launch Monday, April 15 at 9 P.M. with a two-hour premiere.
Executive produced by Kevin Murphy ("Desperate Housewives", "Caprica") and Michael Taylor ("Battlestar Galactica"), the show introduces an exotically transformed planet Earth. It follows Grant Bowler's Jeb Nolan, who settles in a border town where aliens and humans fight against the fragility of peace.
A game connected to the TV show is also developed with "its own narrative and story lines," said Murphy. He further explained, "They are shared universes with dual portals. If there is a catastrophic weather experience [in the TV show], the characters in the game [may] put that in motion."
A new trailer has recently been released via Entertainment Weekly, highligting the new St. Louis now called "Defiance" and Nolan's relationship with Irisa (Stephanie Leonidas), an Irathient warrior who serves as Nolan's deputy.
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle
- J Balvin, Camila Cabello and Pitbull Tease New Track 'Hey Ma' on Instagram
- An Alleged Sex Tape of Trey Songz Leaks Online Amid Nicki Minaj and Remy Ma's Beef
- Emma Stone Says the Oscars Blunder Was One of the Most Horrible Moments of Her Life
- Drake on Remy Ma's Diss Track: 'His Heart's Bleeding for Nicki Minaj'
- Jimmy Kimmel Breaks Down Oscar Mix-Up: How Denzel Washington Helped Save the Day
- Get a Look at New 'Wonder Woman' Cool Photos and Concept Art