Premiere Date and New Trailer for Syfy's Action Series 'Defiance'
Syfy made use of the TCA winter press tour to promote its upcoming show "Defiance". During its panel on Monday, January 7, the network announced that the 12-episode season of the sci-fi series would launch Monday, April 15 at 9 P.M. with a two-hour premiere.
Executive produced by Kevin Murphy ("Desperate Housewives", "Caprica") and Michael Taylor ("Battlestar Galactica"), the show introduces an exotically transformed planet Earth. It follows Grant Bowler's Jeb Nolan, who settles in a border town where aliens and humans fight against the fragility of peace.
A game connected to the TV show is also developed with "its own narrative and story lines," said Murphy. He further explained, "They are shared universes with dual portals. If there is a catastrophic weather experience [in the TV show], the characters in the game [may] put that in motion."
A new trailer has recently been released via Entertainment Weekly, highligting the new St. Louis now called "Defiance" and Nolan's relationship with Irisa (Stephanie Leonidas), an Irathient warrior who serves as Nolan's deputy.
- Beyonce Is Performing at the 2016 MTV VMAs, MTV Confirms
- Britney Spears Reveals Her Desire to Collaborate With Ex Justin Timberlake
- Mariah Carey's Estranged Sister Busted for Prostitution
- Video: Jennifer Lopez Reunites With Ex Marc Anthony on Stage After Casper Smart Split
- Adam Levine Dresses Up as Pokemon-Like Monster for Maroon 5 Music Video Shoot
- Watch: Thor Hilariously Explains Why He Is Absent From 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Do These Pictures Show Justin Bieber Having Sex With Sofia Richie?
- Rihanna to Open 2016 MTV Video Music Awards