Joseph Gordon-Levitt Secures Major Role as 'Cocky Gambler' in 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For'
Joseph Gordon-Levitt has just added a new movie project on his list. The "Looper" actor has been sealed as the latest addition to the cast enesemble of "Sin City: A Dame to Kill For", Dimension Films confirmed on Monday, January 7.
The Los Angeles native is set to tackle a major role of Johnny. The character is described as a cocky gambler who hides a darker mission to defeat his enemy at his best game. "Johnny is a new character in the Sin City world and we are excited for what Joseph will bring to the role," said directors Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller.
Gordon-Levitt himself weighed in on his involvement in the project, "I love how the first movie uses VFX, not to make fake things look real, but to create a heightened world unburdened by the look and feel of reality." He gushed, "Plus, nobody makes a badass like Mr. Rodriguez."
A continuation of Frank Miller's "Sin City" graphic novels, "Dame to Kill For" focuses on earlier story of Clive Owen's Dwight McCarthy, whose life is turned upside down when Ava, a woman from his past, returns and says she loves him and causes all sorts of problems for him.
Slated for an October 4, 2013 release Stateside, the movie also stars Mickey Rourke as "Marv", Jessica Alba as "Nancy", Rosario Dawson as "Gail" and Jaime King as "Goldie/Wendy". Also supporting the film are Dennis Haysbert as "Manute" and Jamie Chung as "Miho".
- Justin Bieber Wins 8 Titles in Guinness World Records 2017 Edition
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Poses Completely Naked for Paper Magazine
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters