Joseph Gordon-Levitt Secures Major Role as 'Cocky Gambler' in 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For'
Joseph Gordon-Levitt has just added a new movie project on his list. The "Looper" actor has been sealed as the latest addition to the cast enesemble of "Sin City: A Dame to Kill For", Dimension Films confirmed on Monday, January 7.
The Los Angeles native is set to tackle a major role of Johnny. The character is described as a cocky gambler who hides a darker mission to defeat his enemy at his best game. "Johnny is a new character in the Sin City world and we are excited for what Joseph will bring to the role," said directors Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller.
Gordon-Levitt himself weighed in on his involvement in the project, "I love how the first movie uses VFX, not to make fake things look real, but to create a heightened world unburdened by the look and feel of reality." He gushed, "Plus, nobody makes a badass like Mr. Rodriguez."
A continuation of Frank Miller's "Sin City" graphic novels, "Dame to Kill For" focuses on earlier story of Clive Owen's Dwight McCarthy, whose life is turned upside down when Ava, a woman from his past, returns and says she loves him and causes all sorts of problems for him.
Slated for an October 4, 2013 release Stateside, the movie also stars Mickey Rourke as "Marv", Jessica Alba as "Nancy", Rosario Dawson as "Gail" and Jaime King as "Goldie/Wendy". Also supporting the film are Dennis Haysbert as "Manute" and Jamie Chung as "Miho".
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Finale Title Revealed - Here's How It May Hint at the Plot
- 'Justice League 2' Pushed Back to Make Room for Ben Affleck's 'Batman'
- Alexa PenaVega Gives Birth to First Child With Husband Carlos
- Roger Ailes - Megyn Kelly Harassment Movie Is in the Works
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title