Rick Ross Reveals Next Album's Title and Cover Art
Maybach Music Group founder Rick Ross has disclosed the title of his forthcoming new album via a close-to-3 minute clip that ends with the album's cover image. Entitled "Mastermind", the album will be the sixth studio set for the hip-hop superstar, following a very busy 2012 for the hot rapper, wherein he released an album, a mixtape, a label compilation and about 30 music videos.
In true Rick Ross fashion, the short trailer shows The Bawse chilling out in his lavish waterfront home with his ladylove who was browsing through vinyl classics of Michael Jackson and Marvin Gaye, before stopping at Curtis Mayfield's "Super Fly", as instrumental music from Mayfield's "Give Me Your Love" is cued in. It seems like an advertisement for the Rozay lifestyle of babes, booze, hot tubs, exotic pets, and not to mention his expensive watches and eyewear, diamond-encrusted bling and a cash-filled briefcase.
"Mastermind" will be released under Ross' own label MMG, which he has moved to Atlantic Records from Warner Urban. Ross first confirmed the move during his 99Jamz radio interview last December. "I got another announcement as well -- I'm excited for this year we got coming up, man," the Bawse said. "This is really huge. MMG, we just merged with Atlantic Records. It's the biggest move of the year. We gonna leave it right there. I'm signed as a solo artist to Def Jam. And Meek Mill, Wale, we all MMG at the end of the day."
Ross is nominated in this year's Grammys for Best Rap Album for his latest studio effort "God Forgives, I Don't".
- Ryan Seacrest Assures Fans Everything Is OK After Fire Breaks Out at His $50M Mansion
- Pregnant Again? Blac Chyna Sports Suspicious Bump While Stepping Out With Another Man
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'