Rick Ross Reveals Next Album's Title and Cover Art
Maybach Music Group founder Rick Ross has disclosed the title of his forthcoming new album via a close-to-3 minute clip that ends with the album's cover image. Entitled "Mastermind", the album will be the sixth studio set for the hip-hop superstar, following a very busy 2012 for the hot rapper, wherein he released an album, a mixtape, a label compilation and about 30 music videos.
In true Rick Ross fashion, the short trailer shows The Bawse chilling out in his lavish waterfront home with his ladylove who was browsing through vinyl classics of Michael Jackson and Marvin Gaye, before stopping at Curtis Mayfield's "Super Fly", as instrumental music from Mayfield's "Give Me Your Love" is cued in. It seems like an advertisement for the Rozay lifestyle of babes, booze, hot tubs, exotic pets, and not to mention his expensive watches and eyewear, diamond-encrusted bling and a cash-filled briefcase.
"Mastermind" will be released under Ross' own label MMG, which he has moved to Atlantic Records from Warner Urban. Ross first confirmed the move during his 99Jamz radio interview last December. "I got another announcement as well -- I'm excited for this year we got coming up, man," the Bawse said. "This is really huge. MMG, we just merged with Atlantic Records. It's the biggest move of the year. We gonna leave it right there. I'm signed as a solo artist to Def Jam. And Meek Mill, Wale, we all MMG at the end of the day."
Ross is nominated in this year's Grammys for Best Rap Album for his latest studio effort "God Forgives, I Don't".
- Corey Gamble Reportedly Cheats on Kris Jenner With Kourtney Kardashian - Is It True?
- She's Scarily Skinny! Janice Dickinson Looks Thinner Amid Health Crisis
- Drake Blocks Ariana Grande and Blake Shelton From Billboard 200's No. 1
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch
- Jeff Bridges Joins 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'
- Demi Lovato Mourning Her Great-Grandma's Death. Read Her Touching Tribute
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Party in Las Vegas, Talk About Wedding Plans