Miley Cyrus Slams 'Cut for Bieber' Campaign Amidst Justin Bieber Pot Smoking
Miley Cyrus weighs in on the sick online campaign started by a prankster who urged Justin Bieber's fans to self-harm themselves after pictures of him smoking pot emerged. #cutforbieber hashtag quickly becomes trend, raising fear that it may lure a Belieber into the trap.
"#cutforbieber? Cutting is NOT something to joke about," the former Disney star re-tweeted a message from a Tweep. "There are people who are actually suffering from self-harm, this is so disrespectful." She's one of the many who's outraged at the Twitter troll who initiated the fake campaign.
The mock protest was started by members of 4chan, the same online community which launched #BaldForBieber to trick Beliebers into shaving their heads by making up a story that he's diagnosed with cancer. Thankfully, the singer's bodyguard Kenny Hamilton was quick to clarify that it was a hoax.
"Lets start a cut yourself for bieber campaign. Tweet a bunch of pics of people cutting themselves and claim we did it because bieber was smoking weed. See if we can get some little girls to cut themselves," a user on the message board posted anonymously.
Another user praised the idea as "brilliant," while the other replied, "Make a Twitter account that looks like a Bieber fan. Post it here. Follow each other. We need to make this look legit."
Previously, Miley voiced her opinion about a paparazzo getting killed when crossing the street after taking picture of his Ferrari. "It is unfair for anyone to put this on to Justin's conscious," she said. "Your mom teaches u when your a child not to play in the street! The chaos that comes with the paparazzi acting like fools makes it impossible for anyone to make safe choices."
Bieber himself said, "While I was not present nor directly involved with this tragic accident, my thoughts and prayers are with the family of the victim. Hopefully this tragedy will finally inspire meaningful legislation and whatever other necessary steps to protect the lives and safety of celebrities, police officers, innocent public bystanders, and the photographers themselves."
Miley couldn't agree more with his call for legislation as stating, "Hope this paparazzi/JB accident brings on some changes in '13 Paparazzi are dangerous! Wasn't Princess Di enough of a wake up call?!"
More Miley Cyrus News
- Two New Characters on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 Revealed. Get the Details!
- Khloe Kardashian Tries to 'Move On and Focus on Herself' During Her 'Sad' 32nd Birthday
- Ansel Elgort Is in Talks to Star in 'Dungeons and Dragons' Reboot
- Did Britney Spears Delay Single to Include Sample of Justin Timberlake's 'Cry Me a River'?
- George Clooney Reportedly 'Refused' to Protect Wife Amal From 'Bloodthirsty Terrorists'
- Kylie Jenner Asks Tyga to Move Back Into Her House
- Rihanna Is Unhappy Kanye West Put Her in Bed With Donald Trump and George W. Bush in 'Famous' Video
- Iggy Azalea Gets Thanked for 'Ruining Hip-Hop.' See Her Reaction