Black Keys to Work on New Album and Go on Tour With Flaming Lips
Blues and indie rock band The Black Keys revealed that they're set to work on their eighth studio set beginning this month as a follow-up to their latest album "El Camino" released in 2011. The rock duo of Dan Auerbach (guitar, vocals) and Patrick Carney (drums) has likewise announced that they're going on a four-date tour with the neo-psychedelic quintet of The Flaming Lips.
"We're going to start making the new album in the second week of January and we're hoping to have it done by some time in March," band frontman Auerbach declared. "Then we have a couple of weeks of touring, then we're going to take the summer off, which we haven't done for a while. The record isn't written yet, we'll do it when we get into the studio. This is when we both work best, when we're dying to make an album. All of our records take place in the studio, in that we make stuff up while we're there."
After their recent performance with The Rolling Stones during their "50 and Counting" anniversary concert, The Black Keys will again go onstage this time with The Flaming Lips as they kick off their short tour on April 28 in Kansas City, moving to Pittsburgh for the second leg on April 30. They will also hit the road going to Atlanta for their May 2 show there, before ending their double-billed gig on May 3 in Nashville.
The Black Keys are nominated for five Grammy awards this year, with "El Camino" earning them Album of the Year and Best Rock Album nominations. The album's lead single "Lonely Boy" gets 3 nods for the rock duo: Record of the Year, Best Rock Song and Best Rock Performance.
The Black Keys and The Flaming Lips tour dates:
- April 28: Kansas City, MO (Sprint Center)
- April 30: Pittsburgh, PA (CONSOL Energy Center)
- May 2: Atlanta, GA (Aaron's Amphitheatre at Lakewood)
- May 3: Nashville, TN (Bridgestone Arena)
- Oops! Cher Accidentally Retweets a Dick Pic
- No More Bad Blood! Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Are Texting Again
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'