Official: Ryan Lochte to Star on E! Reality Show
Ryan Lochte is getting his own reality show. E! has officially announced that it orders six episodes of new unscripted series "What Would Ryan Lochte Do?" starring the 2012 London Olympic Games' breakout star.
To debut April 2013 on E!, the show will follow the athlete as "he prepares for the Rio games in 2016 while building his fashion line, making buzz-worthy media appearances, dealing with his unconventional family and loyal friends and, always, searching for 'the one'." It also offers "unpredictable, unfiltered and delightfully uninhibited 'Lochteisms'," including his signature phrase, "Jeah!"
"Ryan Lochte captured everyone's attention at the Summer Olympics with his athletic prowess and his utterly unique and unaffected approach to life," says E! Entertainment President Suzanne Kolb. "He is an incredibly endearing personality who is sexy, entertaining and fun. Watching this show, I believe people will fall into three categories: they want to be him, sleep with him or mother him."
A sneak peek for the show was screened during E!'s TV critics press tour panel in Pasadena, but it hasn't been made available online.
In addition to the Ryan Lochte show, E! has announced another reality series "Playing with Fire". The first culinary series for the network, it will take viewers "inside the spicy professional and personal lives of the chefs, stars and tastemakers who make up New York's culinary world."
" 'Playing with Fire' embodies a world in which a combination of talent, ambition, a lot of charm and a little gamesmanship are needed to reach the ultimate goal: long-term success in a high-stakes industry," Kolb explains. The show will begin airing in April and feature guest appearances from Jennifer Esposito and Todd English.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival