Seth MacFarlane and Emma Stone Slated to Announce 2013 Oscar Nominees
As it gets closer to the big day when the Oscar nominees are revealed, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences announced the lucky stars who are set to tackle the honor to read the nominations. On Monday, January 7, it was confirmed that Seth MacFarlane and Emma Stone had to get up early on Thursday to unveil the nominees of the world's most prestigious film awards event.
Along with the Gwen Stacy of "The Amazing Spider-Man", the "Ted" helmer would read the nominations at a 5:30 A.M. PT news conference to take place at Academy's Samuel Goldwyn Theater in Beverly Hills. Hundreds of media representatives from around the globe would be invited to the highly-anticipated event.
MacFarlane, who's also set to host the big event in February, would be the first Oscar host since Charlton Heston in 1972 to participate in the nominations announcement. Usually, the Academy President would be joined by one or more co-announcers, but this year the Academy would break the tradition with the Oscar host himself on duty on the Oscar nominations morning.
Back in December, MacFarlane shared to Rolling Stone about his prestigious hosting gig. "It's about finding that balance between doing what I do but acknowledging that this is the Academy Awards, not the roast of Donald Trump," he said. "It's walking that line between old-fashioned showmanship and allowing it to be contemporary with a little bit of bite. Johnny Carson and Billy Crystal are two hosts who walked that line."
The 85th Academy Awards is set to take place on February 24 at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood & Highland Center. It will be broadcast live on the ABC Television Network in more than 225 countries. Nominations information for all categories will be distributed to news media in attendance and via the Internet on the official Academy Awards website.
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame
- Blac Chyna Plans Plastic Surgery Makeover to Match Her Post-Baby Body
- Melania Trump 'Fixes' Her Hair as Donald Trump Tries to Hold Her Hand
- Bella Hadid Enjoys Dinner Date With Mystery Hunk in Rome and Leaves With Bouquet of Roses
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Are Denied Access to Party in France
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Having a Baby to Save 'Stormy' Marriage