M.I.A.'s New Album Delayed to April 15 Due to Its 'Positive' Theme
Fans of M.I.A. will have to wait a few more months before laying their ears on the English singer's new music. Her fourth album titled "Matangi" has been pushed back to an April 15 release after it was deemed "too positive" by her record label, Interscope. The new set was originally slated for a December release date.
According to an interview with Australia's Gold Coast Bulletin, the "Bad Girls" songstress explained that the delay was mainly because of her label's alleged dissatisfaction with the positive material contained in her new album. "I thought I'd finished it. I finished it and then I handed the record in, like a couple of months ago," said the 37-year-old singer. "At the moment, I've been told it's too positive. So we're having a bit of an issue at the label. ...They're like, 'You need to like darken it up a bit.' "
M.I.A., who recently became a mom, continued that the execs at Interscope told her , "It's like, 'We just built you up as the public enemy No. 1 and now you're coming out with all this positive stuff.' " When asked whether she would comply with her record label's request, the visual artist/activist expressed that she planned to take her time with the decision. "I don't know what it is but as soon as I work that out, I'm taking my time to decide what they mean," she added.
M.I.A.'s last album, "/\/\/\Y/\", was released in 2010 and debuted at No. 9 on Billboard 200. Her "Bad Girls" video is hoping to grab Best Short Form Music Video at the Grammys this year.
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season