Mama June Plays It Smart, Sets Up Trust Fund for Honey Boo Boo
Mama June of "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" apparently realizes that fame won't last. Instead of using their earnings from the TLC reality TV series to buy expensive stuffs, the family matriarch saves the money to make sure Alaina Thompson and her siblings are financially secured even when time gets rough.
She equally divides the money, $15,000 to $20,000 per episode, among Alana, 7, Lauryn, 12, Jessica, 15, Anna, 18, and Anna's daughter Kaitlyn. She requests it be sent directly into the girls' trust fund so that she won't be tempted to spend it herself. "TLC puts the money into the girls' trust accounts for me and then I get an email telling me how much everyone gets," she says.
"I want my kids to look back and say, 'Mama played it smart. Not like those other reality TV people'," the mother explains. "You're never gonna see me drive a Range Rover or a Mercedes. I'll drive one if someone else pays for it. Never gonna live above my means."
The girls won't be able to access the money until they turn 21. They will be able to get their share before then only when they really need it for their education or healthcare.
The family lives off the salary Mike "Sugar Bear" Thompson gets from his contractor job to pay the bills. Since their new found fame, they only made one big purchase so far, a 2005 second-hand Ford Expedition.
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos