Fashion Boss Vittorio Missoni Missing After Plane Disappears in Venezuela
Vittorio Missoni lost in a flight off the coast of Venezuela on Friday morning, January 4. Search party using boats and aircraft was dispatched on Saturday to look for the small plane carrying the commercial and marketing director of the Italian famed fashion house Missoni.
Vittorio's younger brother, Luca, reportedly has flown to Venezuela to monitor the search effort. Their father Ottavio, 91, who founded the fashion house, was in Italy with his wife Rosita and their daughter Angela, waiting for information about the search of his missing son.
Vittorio, 58, was aboard the Britten-Norman BN-2 with his wife Maurizia Castiglioni, another couple they had been vacationing with, and two flight crew members. They were en route from Los Roques to Maiquetia when the small twin-engine airplane disappeared from the radar after 10 nautical miles.
"The Missoni family has been informed by the Venezuelan Consulate that Vittorio Missoni and his wife are missing, but we don't know any more," said company spokeswoman Maddalena Aspes to the New York Times. "The authorities will resume their search for the plane in the morning."
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'