Fashion Boss Vittorio Missoni Missing After Plane Disappears in Venezuela
Vittorio Missoni lost in a flight off the coast of Venezuela on Friday morning, January 4. Search party using boats and aircraft was dispatched on Saturday to look for the small plane carrying the commercial and marketing director of the Italian famed fashion house Missoni.
Vittorio's younger brother, Luca, reportedly has flown to Venezuela to monitor the search effort. Their father Ottavio, 91, who founded the fashion house, was in Italy with his wife Rosita and their daughter Angela, waiting for information about the search of his missing son.
Vittorio, 58, was aboard the Britten-Norman BN-2 with his wife Maurizia Castiglioni, another couple they had been vacationing with, and two flight crew members. They were en route from Los Roques to Maiquetia when the small twin-engine airplane disappeared from the radar after 10 nautical miles.
"The Missoni family has been informed by the Venezuelan Consulate that Vittorio Missoni and his wife are missing, but we don't know any more," said company spokeswoman Maddalena Aspes to the New York Times. "The authorities will resume their search for the plane in the morning."
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Exchange Sweet Gaze While Leaving Church Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Kourtney Kardashian Slammed by Haters for Sharing 'Materialistic' Photos of Her Kids
- Surprise! Justin Bieber and Zayn Malik Are Planning a Collaboration
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' May Flash Back to World War II
- Blac Chyna Stuns in New Topless Picture. See Her Enviable Post-Baby Body
- Watch Lady GaGa and Stevie Wonder's Performances at Elton John's 70th Star-Studded Birthday Party
- Brad Pitt Is Ready to Mend His Relationship With Angelina Jolie for the Sake of Their Kids
- Cyborg's Story Is the Heart of 'Justice League', Says Zack Snyder