Bethenny Frankel Files for Divorce From Jason Hoppy
It didn't take long for Bethenny Frankel to make a decision whether to give her marriage to Jason Hoppy another try or end it for good. The former member of "The Real Housewives of New York City" filed legal papers, asking for dissolution of marriage just a few days after announcing their separation.
The reality TV star submitted her divorce papers earlier this week in a New York courthouse. She followed it by tweeting her response to the mixed feedbacks from her fans, "To those of you who are being supportive: thank you. To those of you who are judging: I totally get it."
"This was an extremely difficult decision that as a woman and a mother, I have to accept as the best choice for our family," she said when announcing their split in late December. "We have love and respect for one another and will continue to amicably co-parent our daughter [Bryn] who is and will always remain our first priority."
The founder of nutrition products Skinnygirl met Jason in a nightclub in 2008 during her stint on the Bravo reality series. "He's my anchor," she gushed back then. "I fell in love with a regular guy with a regular salary. He taught me that being taken care of was emotional and not financial."
She and Jason got married nearly three years ago in March 2010 when she was seven months pregnant with their first child. Their courtship leading to the marriage was documented in Bravo spin-off "Bethenny Getting Married?" which was followed by "Bethenny Ever After".
In an interview before she pulled the plug on her marriage, Bethenny hinted that her busy schedule put a strain on their relationship. "Nothing comes easily for me," she said. "Being successful in business doesn't come easy for me. Marriage doesn't come easily for me. You have to fight for everything."
She, however, insisted that their separation had nothing to do with the reality TV shows she did. "Our issues are our issues, and I can't say reality TV exacerbates that," she reasoned. "We had our issues when we were dating. We always had the struggle to accept one another."
- Chris Pratt Name Drops Jennifer Lawrence in Christmas-Themed Mad Lib Theater With Jimmy Fallon
- Drake and Aaliyah's Posthumous Collaboration 'Talk Is Cheap' Surfaces Online
- Tom Hanks Puts Emma Watson in Danger in 'The Circle' Teaser Trailer
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Her Curves in Peek-a-Boo Dress After Christmas Concert With Bryan Tanaka
- Watch Fiona Apple Sing Anti-Donald Trump Christmas Carol
- Sofia Vergara Gets Sued by Her Own Embryos as Legal Battle With Ex Continues
- Watch Shawn Mendes Cover Drake's 'Fake Love' on 'Live Lounge'
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Expecting First Child With Wife Joana Pak