'American Idol' Ouster Jermaine Jones Auditions for 'The Voice'
Jermaine Jones, who was disqualified from "American Idol" season 11, is trying his hand at another singing competition. The aspiring singer reveals he will audition for NBC's "The Voice" which will kick off its auditions on January 12 in Chicago, Il.
"Are you ready the #mainetrain is taking off again..... My audition is next month I need all your support and prayers," so he tweeted on Friday, January 4. He also included a link to an Instagram picture of "The Voice" logo.
Jermaine made it into the Top 13 of the latest season of "Idol", before he was infamously kicked out of the show by producers after it was revealed that he was concealing arrests and outstanding warrants.
The veteran reality series was accused of staging the disqualification to boost ratings, but the 26-year-old vocalist wouldn't think about it further. "I haven't even taken my mind into that and why they did what they did, because then I'll drive myself crazy," he reasoned.
The fourth season of "The Voice" will premiere March 25 on NBC. Usher and Shakira will join Adam Levine and Blake Shelton in the judging panel, replacing Cee-Lo Green and Christina Aguilera who take a break from the show.
More The Voice News
- Racist Men Charged for Hurling N-Word at Jamie Foxx
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army