Adele Might Do Comeback Performance on Oscars 2013
After being out of the spotlight for most of 2012 due to her pregnancy, Adele may make her first public appearance after giving birth to her firstborn last year via the upcoming 2013 Academy Awards. The "Rolling in the Deep" singer might make her comeback performance on Oscars night during a special James Bond tribute segment, slated for February 24 at the Dolby Theatre and to be telecast by ABC.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has just officially announced that it would be giving a special tribute to the James Bond franchise which celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2012. Adele's track "Skyfall", the theme to the latest Bond film, would most likely be featured in the tribute segment, sparking rumors that the "Someone Like You" belter might finally make her highly-anticipated reappearance since giving birth to her baby boy in the latter part of 2012.
Adele's "Skyfall" track is predicted to score a nomination for Best Original Song at the 85th annual Academy Awards, which will be aired more than a month after the Golden Globes set for January 13. The British pop/R'n'B superstar may have to choose between the Oscars or NBC's Golden Globes show for her comeback performance.
If she decides to perform her hit on the Golden Globes, she would likely risk being scrapped from the Academy Awards since the Oscars is deemed the most prestigious among the different award-giving bodies. However, after the confirmation of the James Bond sequence in the Academy Awards ceremony, the singer might just skip the Golden Globes.
More Adele News
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake