R. Kelly Releases 'I Know You Are Hurting' for Newtown Shooting Survivors
R. Kelly comes out anew with a tribute to the survivors of the Newtown shooting massacre that gripped the American nation last month. The Grammy Award-winning singer, composer and record producer wrote and recorded "I Know You Are Hurting", an uplifting gospel track that features a choir of children and adults, meant for those who survived the brutal shooting incident.
It's an inspirational tune that hopes to reassure survivors of the Sandy Hook Elementary school shooting with lyrics like, "I know you're hurting / I hear you crying, but come tomorrow, there's a place you can go". The R'n'B superstar sang mostly in the background and let the choir and gospel singers take the spotlight on the track that evoked positive thoughts with words such as "Find the blue skies/ Hear the choir sing/ Feel the power of a miracle."
R. Kelly's tribute song is one of many tributes made for either the victims of the shooting tragedy or their families and supporters. A local Newtown promoter and newspaper editor is organizing benefit shows to support the community, especially the survivors of the shooting. The Webster Bank Arena in Bridgeport is slated to host the fundraising events set for late January to early February.
The Grammy Award-winning singer-songwriter of such inspirational hits "I Believe I Can Fly" and "The World's Greatest" re-emerged for the "I Know You Are Hurting" tribute song after a hiatus following a long and controversial court trial over his alleged sex tape with a minor back in 2002. In 2008, a Chicago jury found Kelly not guilty of the charges filed against him.
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'
- Victim's Relative Says Chris Soules Fatal Car Crash 'Was Just a Freak Accident'
- Tarek El Moussa and Christina Put Divorce on Hold to Focus on Their Show
- Kendra Wilkinson Is Slammed by Farrah Abraham on 'Marriage Boot Camp' Promo
- Caitlyn Jenner Claps Back at Kris Jenner Over Harsh Comment About Caitlyn's New Memoir
- HyunA Gets Slammed for Saying That Skin Exposure on Stage Should Be Justified