Joseph Gordon-Levitt to Host 2013 Sundance Film Festival Awards Ceremony
Joseph Gordon-Levitt will have another duty at the upcoming 2013 Sundance Film Festival besides screening his directorial debut "Don Jon's Addiction". The "Looper" actor has officially been tapped to host the festival's Awards Ceremony that will take place in Park City, Utah on January 26.
Of choosing the "Premium Rush" star as the host, festival's director John Cooper says, "Joseph Gordon-Levitt's accomplished and original artistic perspective have contributed greatly to Sundance Institute and the independent film community."
He gushes, "As host, he is sure to add flair to our awards ceremony in similarly exciting ways, and we are thrilled that he will join us in recognizing outstanding achievements at this year's festival."
In 2012, the hosting duty for Sundance Film Festival Awards Ceremony was handled by Parker Posey. As for Gordon-Levitt, the Los Angeles native has a long history with the festival as he's already appeared in at lest seven feature films at the annual event. He premiered his directing debut for short film "Sparks" in 2009, and will screen his latest creation "Don Jon's Addiction" for the out-of-competition showings this year.
This year's Sundance Fest is set to run from January 17-27 in Park City, Salt Lake City, Ogden and Sundance, Utah. The event will include 113 feature-length films from 32 countries and 51 first-time filmmakers, including 27 in competition.
- Fragile Yoko Ono Is Hoping to See John Lennon in Heaven
- Beyhive Is on the Hunt for Beyonce's Secret Snapchat Account
- Lionel Richie Puts 'All the Hits Tour' on Hold Due to Knee Surgery
- Did Justin Bieber Just Hint That He's Dating Someone on Twitter?
- Perrie Edwards Sparks Pregnancy Speculation With Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?