First Trailer for Jack Kerouac Drama 'Big Sur'
The first trailer for indie drama "Big Sur" has been released, showcasing the imagining of a famed novel of the same title by prominent Beat poet Jack Kerouac. Overall, the trailer is studded with elegant shots of open terrain and beautiful vintage settings.
With old songs played as the backsound, the serious-toned video also highlights Kerouac's life as he spirals into depression during his move from New York to Northern California. Portraying the legendary poet is Jean-Marc Barr, who is at one point seen letting out his anger to God when speaking to a woman.
"Big Sur" highlights Kerouac's story in his own book published in 1962. Unable to cope with a suddenly demanding public and battling advanced alcoholism, Kerouac seeks respite in three brief sojourns to a cabin in Big Sur, which reveal his mental and physical deterioration.
Directed and written by Michael Polish, the Beat drama will likely draw comparison to recently-released "On the Road", which was also adapted from Kerouac's novel. The new film will premiere at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival, which is scheduled to take place from January 17-27. Also starring in it are Kate Bosworth, Josh Lucas, Radha Mitchell, Stana Katic, Anthony Edwards and Neal Cassady among others.
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21
- DJ Khaled Releases New Album 'Grateful'
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular