Coachella Organizers Hint Rolling Stones May Headline Festival
In mid-December of last year, English rock band The Rolling Stones tipped off that they might be performing at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival 2013 as they accidentally mentioned in their mobile app the dates of the three-day music and arts festival in California as part of their tour. Frontman Mick Jagger said he didn't know how it happened and the dates were subsequently removed.
Now, Goldenvoice, the organizers of the annual event, dropped a strong hint that The Rolling Stones may just really be headlining this year's Coachella Festival by posting an image of a large round stone at the Empire Polo Grounds on the festival's official Facebook page. The Empire Polo Club in Indio, California is the Coachella's designated venue year after year, where the festival runs for two weekends in April 2013 (April 12-14 and 19-21).
"Really, all you're going to have to do is wait for an announcement," advised the band's guitarist Keith Richards, when asked for comment about the Coachella gig. "It would be dopey to bring things up to this level and say, 'Well, that's that, 50 years, bye-bye.' "
The Rolling Stones have just recently successfully staged five sold-out shows of their "50 and Counting" concert tour which played in London, Brooklyn and New Jersey to celebrate their 50th anniversary in the music business. The legendary rock band also performed at the 12-12-12 benefit concert with other entertainment icons at the Madison Square Garden in New York to raise funds for victims of Hurricane Sandy.
- Adele Doesn't Care About Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Split, She Clarifies
- Video: Justin Bieber Gets Into a Fight in German Bar
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Share First Photo of Baby Dusty Rose
- Ryan Murphy Admits to 'Infighting' on 'Glee' Set and Cast Member Hookups
- Mariah Carey Wears No Underwear in Sheer White Dress During Romantic Getaway With Fiance
- Exes Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Trapped in Elevator for Four Hours. Was It Awkward?
- Mom Material? Katy Perry Bonds With Orlando Bloom's Son Flynn at Shanghai Disneyland
- Listen to 'Trolls' Soundtrack Featuring Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani and Ariana Grande