Quentin Tarantino 'Annoyed' by Those Who Blame Movies for Shooting Tragedy
Quentin Tarantino was irritated when some people blame the violence in movies for real-life shooting tragedy that happened in the U.S. recently. During an interview with NPR's Fresh Air, the "Django Unchained" helmer claimed that people who lay the blame in films over the school shooting in Newtown are "disrespectful."
During the chat, Tarantino was asked by host Terry Gross if he's still enjoying violent movies in the wake of the shooting tragedy in Connecticut. He responded, "Would I watch a kung fu movie three days after the Sandy Hook massacre? Would I watch a kung fu movie? Maybe, 'cause they have nothing to do with each other."
"I'm really annoyed. I think it's disrespectful. I think it's disrespectful to their memory ... of the people who died to talk about movies," the "Pulp Fiction" director continued. He insisted that mental health was the reason behind the tragedy, and not movies. "I think it's totally disrespectful to their memory. Obviously, the issue is gun control and mental health," so he said.
Since the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting happened, many people have been debating over the violence in some Hollywood feature films and TV shows. As highlighted by The Hollywood Reporter, Tarantino's latest pic, "Django", was recently used as an example to blast Hollywood stars who call for stricter gun laws but at the same time play violent-driven characters on screen.
"Django" features plenty brutal and bloody scenes, including the one that sees blood exploding from human bodies as they get shot or shredded to pieces by rabid dogs. Responding to the subject, Tarantino once admitted that he's tired of defending his movie every time there's a shooting tragedy happened in the States. "Tragedies happen," he claimed, insisting that the ones who should be blamed were those guilty of the crimes.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce