Quentin Tarantino 'Annoyed' by Those Who Blame Movies for Shooting Tragedy
Quentin Tarantino was irritated when some people blame the violence in movies for real-life shooting tragedy that happened in the U.S. recently. During an interview with NPR's Fresh Air, the "Django Unchained" helmer claimed that people who lay the blame in films over the school shooting in Newtown are "disrespectful."
During the chat, Tarantino was asked by host Terry Gross if he's still enjoying violent movies in the wake of the shooting tragedy in Connecticut. He responded, "Would I watch a kung fu movie three days after the Sandy Hook massacre? Would I watch a kung fu movie? Maybe, 'cause they have nothing to do with each other."
"I'm really annoyed. I think it's disrespectful. I think it's disrespectful to their memory ... of the people who died to talk about movies," the "Pulp Fiction" director continued. He insisted that mental health was the reason behind the tragedy, and not movies. "I think it's totally disrespectful to their memory. Obviously, the issue is gun control and mental health," so he said.
Since the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting happened, many people have been debating over the violence in some Hollywood feature films and TV shows. As highlighted by The Hollywood Reporter, Tarantino's latest pic, "Django", was recently used as an example to blast Hollywood stars who call for stricter gun laws but at the same time play violent-driven characters on screen.
"Django" features plenty brutal and bloody scenes, including the one that sees blood exploding from human bodies as they get shot or shredded to pieces by rabid dogs. Responding to the subject, Tarantino once admitted that he's tired of defending his movie every time there's a shooting tragedy happened in the States. "Tragedies happen," he claimed, insisting that the ones who should be blamed were those guilty of the crimes.
More Django Unchained News
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch