'The Bachelor' Sues Spoiler Blogger Reality Steve Again
"The Bachelor" is taking a legal action yet again against "Reality" Steve Carbone, who runs a website dedicated to spill info on shows such as "Bachelor", "The Amazing Race" and "Survivor". Producers of the ABC reality series, NZK Productions and Horizon Alternative Television, filed the lawsuit California federal court in last December.
In the lawsuit, the producers say they believe that Steve continues "to seek confidential information from participants, cast, crew and other employees of the Bachelor series and, in the course of doing so, continue to solicit and induce participants and employees of the Bachelor series to breach their contractual obligations to Plaintiffs."
The plaintiffs further accuse Steve of tortious interference and breaching a previous settlement. Back in June 2012, the blogger agreed to refrain "from attempting to contact those involved in the production."
The producers are now asking for $75,000 in damages for alleged intentional interference with contractual relations, as well as $10,000 in penalty per alleged violation of the settlement.
Steve, meanwhile, calls the suit "bogus." He defends himself as saying, "The suit was brought in violation of the settlement agreement I previously reached with the producers of the Bachelor series. That agreement does NOT prevent me from publishing spoilers."
He goes on stating, "The producers have provided no proof that I did anything in violation of our agreement because there is none. They just seek to put me out of business by intimidation and litigation costs. I am currently exploring my legal options, including a counterclaim."
The "Bachelor" second lawsuit against Steve came just a few days before the show kicks off its season 17. Emily Maynard's suitor in "The Bachelorette" season 8, Sean Lowe, will be the center of attention in the upcoming season.
More The Bachelor News
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'