'The Bachelor' Sues Spoiler Blogger Reality Steve Again
"The Bachelor" is taking a legal action yet again against "Reality" Steve Carbone, who runs a website dedicated to spill info on shows such as "Bachelor", "The Amazing Race" and "Survivor". Producers of the ABC reality series, NZK Productions and Horizon Alternative Television, filed the lawsuit California federal court in last December.
In the lawsuit, the producers say they believe that Steve continues "to seek confidential information from participants, cast, crew and other employees of the Bachelor series and, in the course of doing so, continue to solicit and induce participants and employees of the Bachelor series to breach their contractual obligations to Plaintiffs."
The plaintiffs further accuse Steve of tortious interference and breaching a previous settlement. Back in June 2012, the blogger agreed to refrain "from attempting to contact those involved in the production."
The producers are now asking for $75,000 in damages for alleged intentional interference with contractual relations, as well as $10,000 in penalty per alleged violation of the settlement.
Steve, meanwhile, calls the suit "bogus." He defends himself as saying, "The suit was brought in violation of the settlement agreement I previously reached with the producers of the Bachelor series. That agreement does NOT prevent me from publishing spoilers."
He goes on stating, "The producers have provided no proof that I did anything in violation of our agreement because there is none. They just seek to put me out of business by intimidation and litigation costs. I am currently exploring my legal options, including a counterclaim."
The "Bachelor" second lawsuit against Steve came just a few days before the show kicks off its season 17. Emily Maynard's suitor in "The Bachelorette" season 8, Sean Lowe, will be the center of attention in the upcoming season.
More The Bachelor News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences