Naomi Campbell Injured After Being Robbed in Paris
Naomi Campbell got her leg injured after being mugged on a Paris street. The supermodel suffered from a torn ligament after being attacked by thugs when trying to hail a cab. She reportedly has been using a wheelchair and crutches to help her get around following the incident.
"It was terrifying. Naomi believes the assailant had been watching her, casing her out, and waited for a moment to strike when she was alone. She was attacked in the street as she hailed a cab, and robbed," a source testified to NYPost's Page Six. "She was understandably very upset and shaken up."
The 42-year-old runway beauty was reportedly flown on a private jet by her boyfriend, Vladimir Doronin, to Vail, Colorado to get treatment from famed orthopedic surgeon, J. Richard Steadman. The billionaire allegedly also tightened security around his girlfriend to prevent another repeat.
The robbery happened more than a month ago. She has reported it to French police, but was asked not to speak publicly about the attack as authorities set out a hunt to find the culprits. "I am sorry, I do not talk to press, but I am fine," she said when contacted about the matter.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival