'Buckwild' Stars on Senator's Criticism: We Don't Represent the Entire State of West Virginia
"Buckwild" stars find no reason why West Virginia citizens should be offended by their show. Sitting down with MTV News, Shae and Shain responded to Senator Joe Manchin III's call to cancel the reality series.
"I'm not representing anyone but myself," Shae, who is also known as "The Spicy Southern Belle", said. "Like even my best friends on the show, if they do something to embarrass themselves, I don't feel like they represent me."
Insisting that her behavior should not be made as a reference to define other people in West Virginia, she added, "I definitely can't represent the entire state of West Virginia. That's just stereotypical and just ... it doesn't make sense."
Shain a.k.a. "Gandee Candy", meanwhile, believed what they did on the show wasn't something outrageous. "All them old people in West Virginia cannot go back and say that they did not do all that stupid stuff, because if they did, they're lying," he claimed. "I mean, they all had trucks, and they's all being goofy, making our own stunts ... just ours was caught on film."
"Buckwild" debuted Thursday, January 3 with two back-to-back half-hour episodes. MTV will air two episodes each week.
Reactions to the show following the premiere were mixed. Some of the negative comments read, "Sad to see reality T.V. become something so god damn stupid. #buckwild" and "Am I the only person who thinks #buckwild is just white trash trying to get on tv? #sorryboutit."
Meanwhile, some others enjoyed the show as tweeting, "I'm glad to live in wv and I personally like #buckwild," "Another #MTV Show that has unfortunately gained my attention #buckwild it kind of makes you want to be a little more #country," and "dont care what anyone says #buckwild is a pretty entertaining show lmao."
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars