'Evil Dead' Full Red Band Trailer Is Not for the Faint-Hearted
"Evil Dead" has released its first full red band trailer, which is not meant for the faint-hearted audience. The trailer is packed with serious violent and extremely gory scenes, including an explicit scene of a girl splitting her own tongue with a blade. Staying true to the original Sam Raimi version, the footage showcases tons of bloody special effects that look horribly realistic.
A remake of Raimi's 1981 iconic horror film, "Evil Dead" tells the story of five young people who become holed up in a remote cabin where they discover a Book Of The Dead. They unwittingly summon up dormant demons living in the nearby woods, which possess the youngsters in succession until only one is left intact to fight for survival.
In the new version, Raimi only serves as the producer along with Bruce Campbell and Robert G. Tapert. The helming duty, meanwhile, is taken over by Federico Alvarez who also pens the script along with Oscar winner Diablo Cody. The remake film is slated for an April 12, 2013 release in the United States.
To build anticipation to the release of the movie, Sony Pictures made the site "DareToShareYourScare.com" in which fans can record their reaction and share it online. The marketing campaign of the film claims that "Evil Dead" will be "the most terrifying film you will ever experience."
The horror film stole attention when it released its footage last October at New York Comic-Con. During the panel, director Alvarez explained that he first watched the original "Evil Dead" when he was very young. He said that he wanted to recreate the experience he had for modern audience by using the advance technology which hadn't been available during the era of the original movie.
"There are some things that people who never saw the original will enjoy but there are a lot of hints out of the original and there are a lot of very small details that you have to be an 'Evil Dead' freak to notice," Alvarez said. "There's a lot of those, all the time."
More Evil Dead News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked