Nat Geo Unleashes First Trailer for 'Killing Lincoln', Greenlights 'Killing Kennedy'
In anticipation of "Killing Lincoln" premiere in February, National Geographic Channel has released its first trailer. Making its way out via Entertainment Weekly, the preview video features commentaries from producer Ridley Scott, narrator Tom Hanks as well as lead actors Billy Campbell and Jesse Johnson.
"This is really the Lincoln story you've never seen before. Booth wanted to make his mark," Scott shares as Hanks calls the assassination of John F. Kennedy "the most resonant crime in the history of the nation."
Campbell chimes in, claiming the depiction is "amazingly detailed, accurate, exciting and immensely tragic." Johnson, meanwhile, describes his character John Wilkes Booth, "This was the man who really believed what he was doing was the right thing to do... He was misguided... Not crazy, just wrong."
Based on Bill O'Reilly's bestselling book of the same title, "Killing Lincoln" chronicles the final days of President Lincoln (Campbell) and the plot by his assassin John Wilkes Booth. The late Tony Scott is also credited as the producer, while Adrian Moat serves as the director.
At the same time the trailer for "Killing Lincoln" arrives, Nat Geo announces its plans to make an adaptataion of Reilly's book "Killing Kennedy: The End of Camelot". "Killing Kennedy" will also be produced by Ridley Scott's Scott Free Productions with the principal photography slated to kick off in the spring.
"Collaborating with National Geographic on Bill O'Reilly's follow-up was an easy decision," Scott states. "They share the same passion of storytelling and are willing to take creative leaps and risks to keep viewers entertained to tell the provocative story of Kennedy's last days, a pivotal and historic moment."
Director and actors for "Killing Kennedy" are yet to be announced.
"Killing Lincoln" teaser:
"Killing Lincoln" trailer
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival