George Lucas Engaged to DreamWorks Animation Chairman Mellody Hobson
George Lucas is taking another big step in his life just two months after selling Lucasfilm Ltd. to The Walt Disney Company. The filmmaker is engaged to his longtime girlfriend Mellody Hobson, a representative for Lucasfilm has confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter.
There's no word on details of the proposal and their wedding plans. The couple has been together since 2006. It will be the second marriage for 68-year-old Lucas, but the first for 43-year-old Hobson.
After selling Lucasfilm to Disney, the "Star Wars" director and writer said, "As I start a new chapter in my life, it is gratifying that I have the opportunity to devote more time and resources to philanthropy." He donated $4 billion from the sale of Lucasfilm to an education foundation.
As for Hobson, she is currently a DreamWorks Animation chairman and is a chairman of Ariel Mutual Funds. She also heads Chicago-based investment management firm Ariel Investments Llc. and is a regular financial contributor to ABC's "Good Morning America".
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full
- Possible Leaked Concept Art of 'Deadpool 2' Features Brad Pitt as Cable
- Migos Channels Inner Rock Stars in 'What the Price' Music Video
- Adele Pays Emotional Tribute to London Terror Victims During Her Concert in New Zealand
- 'The Bachelorette' Six New Suitors Strip Down During Group Date on 'Ellen Show'