George Lucas Engaged to DreamWorks Animation Chairman Mellody Hobson
George Lucas is taking another big step in his life just two months after selling Lucasfilm Ltd. to The Walt Disney Company. The filmmaker is engaged to his longtime girlfriend Mellody Hobson, a representative for Lucasfilm has confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter.
There's no word on details of the proposal and their wedding plans. The couple has been together since 2006. It will be the second marriage for 68-year-old Lucas, but the first for 43-year-old Hobson.
After selling Lucasfilm to Disney, the "Star Wars" director and writer said, "As I start a new chapter in my life, it is gratifying that I have the opportunity to devote more time and resources to philanthropy." He donated $4 billion from the sale of Lucasfilm to an education foundation.
As for Hobson, she is currently a DreamWorks Animation chairman and is a chairman of Ariel Mutual Funds. She also heads Chicago-based investment management firm Ariel Investments Llc. and is a regular financial contributor to ABC's "Good Morning America".
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!