George Lucas Engaged to DreamWorks Animation Chairman Mellody Hobson
George Lucas is taking another big step in his life just two months after selling Lucasfilm Ltd. to The Walt Disney Company. The filmmaker is engaged to his longtime girlfriend Mellody Hobson, a representative for Lucasfilm has confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter.
There's no word on details of the proposal and their wedding plans. The couple has been together since 2006. It will be the second marriage for 68-year-old Lucas, but the first for 43-year-old Hobson.
After selling Lucasfilm to Disney, the "Star Wars" director and writer said, "As I start a new chapter in my life, it is gratifying that I have the opportunity to devote more time and resources to philanthropy." He donated $4 billion from the sale of Lucasfilm to an education foundation.
As for Hobson, she is currently a DreamWorks Animation chairman and is a chairman of Ariel Mutual Funds. She also heads Chicago-based investment management firm Ariel Investments Llc. and is a regular financial contributor to ABC's "Good Morning America".
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7: It's Negan's World Now
- First Look at New Villain in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Revealed
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer