George Lucas Engaged to DreamWorks Animation Chairman Mellody Hobson
George Lucas is taking another big step in his life just two months after selling Lucasfilm Ltd. to The Walt Disney Company. The filmmaker is engaged to his longtime girlfriend Mellody Hobson, a representative for Lucasfilm has confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter.
There's no word on details of the proposal and their wedding plans. The couple has been together since 2006. It will be the second marriage for 68-year-old Lucas, but the first for 43-year-old Hobson.
After selling Lucasfilm to Disney, the "Star Wars" director and writer said, "As I start a new chapter in my life, it is gratifying that I have the opportunity to devote more time and resources to philanthropy." He donated $4 billion from the sale of Lucasfilm to an education foundation.
As for Hobson, she is currently a DreamWorks Animation chairman and is a chairman of Ariel Mutual Funds. She also heads Chicago-based investment management firm Ariel Investments Llc. and is a regular financial contributor to ABC's "Good Morning America".
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic