George Lucas Engaged to DreamWorks Animation Chairman Mellody Hobson
George Lucas is taking another big step in his life just two months after selling Lucasfilm Ltd. to The Walt Disney Company. The filmmaker is engaged to his longtime girlfriend Mellody Hobson, a representative for Lucasfilm has confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter.
There's no word on details of the proposal and their wedding plans. The couple has been together since 2006. It will be the second marriage for 68-year-old Lucas, but the first for 43-year-old Hobson.
After selling Lucasfilm to Disney, the "Star Wars" director and writer said, "As I start a new chapter in my life, it is gratifying that I have the opportunity to devote more time and resources to philanthropy." He donated $4 billion from the sale of Lucasfilm to an education foundation.
As for Hobson, she is currently a DreamWorks Animation chairman and is a chairman of Ariel Mutual Funds. She also heads Chicago-based investment management firm Ariel Investments Llc. and is a regular financial contributor to ABC's "Good Morning America".
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding