Jennifer Lawrence Calls Acting 'Stupid', Admits She Was Obsessed With NSYNC
Though she has scored plenty of achievements and critical acclaims thanks to her acting skills, Jennifer Lawrence casually thinks that being an actor is not really an impressive job. In an interview with Vanity Fair, the Oscar-nominated "Winter's Bone" actress even calls acting "stupid."
"Not to sound rude, but [acting] is stupid," the 22-year-old actress claims. "Everybody's like, 'How can you remain with a level head?' And I'm like, 'Why would I ever get cocky? I'm not saving anybody's life. There are doctors who save lives and firemen who run into burning buildings. I'm making movies. It's stupid'."
Though so, the Katniss Everdeen of "The Hunger Games" admits that she's stunned by her acting idol, Meryl Streep. "Once I'm obsessed with somebody, I'm terrified of them instantly. I'm not scared of them - I'm scared of me and how I will react," she says.
"Like, for instance, one time someone was introducing me to Bill Maher, and I saw Meryl Streep walk into the room, and I literally put my hand right in Bill Maher's face and said, 'Not now, Bill!,' and I just stared at Meryl Streep." Asked if she's met Streep, Lawrence answers, "Of course not. I just creepily stared at her."
While admitting that she adores Strep, Lawrence opens up that she was obsessed with NSYNC when she was younger. "I had the basic NSYNC obsession," she tells the magazine, which has herself gracing the cover of its February issue. "And Leonardo DiCaprio. But when kids do weird things to me, I'm like, 'I never did that when I was little'."
The recently-minted Golden Globe nominee also confesses that she's crazy over the "Harry Potter" book series. "I went nuts over Harry Potter and read it four times and pretended I was a witch, but I don't think I would have done some of the - actually, that's not true," she says. "I saw Daniel Radcliffe when I was doing David Letterman and flipped out. I was screaming. So never mind. I take back everything I said."
During the interview, Lawrence also discusses her feeling when walking down on red carpet, describing it as "torture." She says, "I know that's a cliche, but it's uncomfortable having to pose when people are shouting at you and the next day you just get slaughtered. You walk out there and go, 'Hate me!' I felt like a walking rag doll."
More Jennifer Lawrence News
- Blac Chyna Stuns in New Topless Picture. See Her Enviable Post-Baby Body
- Watch Lady GaGa and Stevie Wonder's Performances at Elton John's 70th Star-Studded Birthday Party
- Brad Pitt Is Ready to Mend His Relationship With Angelina Jolie for the Sake of Their Kids
- Cyborg's Story Is the Heart of 'Justice League', Says Zack Snyder
- Drake's 'More Life' Dethrones Ed Sheeran's 'Divide' on Billboard 200
- 'The Walking Dead' Season Finale Sneak Peeks Tease Betrayal and the Big War
- 'Marvel's Inhumans' Debuts First Official Logo
- Katy Perry and Ryan Phillippe Spotted Flirting During Elton John's Birthday Party