Kris Allen Reveals His Wife Is Pregnant After Their Car Accident
"American Idol" season 8 winner Kris Allen has dropped happy news while recuperating from injuries he got in a car crash on New Year's Day. As he got better in the hospital, the 27-year-old singer went on Twitter to tell fans how lucky he felt to have survived the accident, and revealed that he's soon going to be a father.
Kris and his wife Katy, who was also involved in the car crash, are expecting the arrival of their first-born. "Yes I got in a really bad wreck tonight and yes I'm having a lil baby. #gonnabeadaddy," so he announced.
Previously, Kris' mom Kimberly broke the news of the road mishap to Kris' fans, tweeting, "From Kris: he's in a lot of pain, arm broke, may not play guitar for a while. Prayers welcome please! #headoncollision." She kept his followers updated on his condition, saying the couple was badly shaken up and would undergo surgery, but they were very much alive and already out of harm's way.
A photo of a wide-eyed Kris in his hospital bed with his neck in a brace and arm in a sling was also posted for his supporters. Even Kris' dad was in on the Twitter action as he posted the photos of the wrecked car, confirming that both husband and wife were wearing seatbelts at the time the accident occurred.
The "Live Like We're Dying" singer also confirmed that, despite the mishap that caused him to suffer a broken wrist, he will still continue on with his "Out Alive" concert tour.
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune
- 'Alita: Battle Angel' Casts 'Nashville' Actor in Key Role
- Daniel Radcliffe Reveals the Outrageous Advice Donald Trump Gave Him When They First Met
- Is Brad Pitt the Real Reason Selena Gomez Checks Into Rehab?
- Listen to Major Lazer and Showtek's New Collab 'Believer'
- Angelina Jolie Eyed for War Drama 'Shoot Like a Girl'
- 'Archer' Creator Plans Show's Ending After Season 10
- Hugh Hefner Makes Fun of Death Rumors: Tabloids Should've Told Me That I'm Sick