Kris Allen Reveals His Wife Is Pregnant After Their Car Accident
"American Idol" season 8 winner Kris Allen has dropped happy news while recuperating from injuries he got in a car crash on New Year's Day. As he got better in the hospital, the 27-year-old singer went on Twitter to tell fans how lucky he felt to have survived the accident, and revealed that he's soon going to be a father.
Kris and his wife Katy, who was also involved in the car crash, are expecting the arrival of their first-born. "Yes I got in a really bad wreck tonight and yes I'm having a lil baby. #gonnabeadaddy," so he announced.
Previously, Kris' mom Kimberly broke the news of the road mishap to Kris' fans, tweeting, "From Kris: he's in a lot of pain, arm broke, may not play guitar for a while. Prayers welcome please! #headoncollision." She kept his followers updated on his condition, saying the couple was badly shaken up and would undergo surgery, but they were very much alive and already out of harm's way.
A photo of a wide-eyed Kris in his hospital bed with his neck in a brace and arm in a sling was also posted for his supporters. Even Kris' dad was in on the Twitter action as he posted the photos of the wrecked car, confirming that both husband and wife were wearing seatbelts at the time the accident occurred.
The "Live Like We're Dying" singer also confirmed that, despite the mishap that caused him to suffer a broken wrist, he will still continue on with his "Out Alive" concert tour.
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories
- Kylie Jenner Has a Good Reason Why She Mistook a Pig for a Chicken in Viral Clip
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.02 Sneak Peeks: Rick Relinquishes Control, Andrea Tours the Kingdom
- Kanye West Vows to Boycott Grammys if Frank Ocean Isn't Nominated
- See President Obama Joining Usher, Janelle Monae and More to Dance to Drake's 'Hotline Bling'
- New Look at Dafne Keen as X-23 in 'Logan' Uncovered
- Report: Chris Hemsworth and Elsa Pataky Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Kings of Leon Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Walls'