Concertgoer Sues Jonas Brothers for Injuries Obtained at L.A. Mall Show
Boyband the Jonas Brothers are facing the New Year with a lawsuit. According to TMZ, Ashleigh Johnson, a concertgoer in one of the group's free shows at the Grove in L.A., has filed a legal complaint against the boys and claimed that she sustained serious injuries when the crowd went out of control during the May 2010 show.
Johnson, who said she was "agonizingly crushed" by the crowd made up mostly of female teenage fans, also claimed that she suffered mental, emotional, and physical injuries at the event. Her compliant gave details about her accident which took place around 3 P.M. at the L.A. shopping mall. The concertgoers allegedly became wild and uncontrolled, and pushed Johnson against a guard fence.
As a result of the pushing and being pinned against the fence, Johnson says she sustained "severe injury to her body and shock to her nervous system" as well as "great mental...and nervous pain." She added that the group and the concert organizers knew that there would be a big crowd attending the show and that they did not have proper security measures during the mall event.
Johnson is suing the Jonas Brothers, the group's corporate entity, Jonas Brothers Enterprises, and the owner of the venue for negligence. There have been no details yet about how much damages Johnson is asking for from the JoBros and Caruso Management Co. Representatives of the Jonas Brothers have not yet given a statement regarding the lawsuit.
- JoJo Was Forced to Inject Herself to Lose Weight Fast
- Calvin Harris Is Avoiding Kanye West Collab Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck '100 Percent Still Separated' Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Miranda Lambert's Rep Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors
- Watch Star-Studded Performance of 'What the World Needs Now Is Love' at DNC
- 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Brings Out the Poetic World
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Accuses Her Husband of Cheating While Tearfully Talking About Divorce