Bruce Springsteen MusiCares Tribute to Feature Elton John, Mumford and Sons and More
Bruce Springsteen will be honored as the MusiCares Person of the Year on February 8 in Los Angeles, just two days before Grammy night airing on CBS. The annual MusiCares special, now on its 23rd year, will pay tribute to the rock and roll legend as the Grammy foundation celebrates the 63-year-old's artistic achievements and philanthropic work. The line-up of performers includes some of the biggest names in music such as Elton John, Mumford & Sons, Sting, Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam and Neil Young.
The New Jersey native shot to fame with his biggest hits "Born to Run", "Born in the U.S.A." and "Dancing in the Dark", and has won countless awards and honors from the Grammys, Golden Globes and Academy Awards. Over the years, The Boss became an icon not only for his career accomplishments but more so for his philanthropic advocacies in the areas of hunger, homelessness and helping veterans. Just recently, he headlined the 12-12-12 Sandy Relief benefit concert to help the victims of the hurricane.
The tribute, which will be hosted by comedian John Stewart, will feature the country music husband-and-wife tandem of Tim McGraw and Faith Hill and R'n'B crooner John Legend. Alabama Shakes, Jackson Browne, Ben Harper, Emmylou Harris, Jim James, Juanes, Natalie Maines, Tom Morello, Patti Smith and Mavis Staples will also perform.
MusiCares, a foundation put up by the Recording Academy back in 1989, provides emergency financial assistance, educational workshops and other support services to members of the music community. Past honorees include Bono, Tony Bennett, Aretha Franklin and most recently, 2012 honoree Paul McCartney.
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Hold Hands in NYC Following Split Rumors
- Backstreet Boys Joins Florida Georgia Line at iHeartRadio Music Festival. Plus Other Performances!
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors