Joseph Gordon-Levitt Also Racing to Lead 'Guardians of the Galaxy'
Another actor has been rumored to be circling the coveted part of Peter Quill in "Guardians of the Galaxy". Deadline reports that Joseph Gordon-Levitt has been added to the shortlist of actors to play the leader who is also known as Star-Lord.
Though the site claims that Gordon-Levitt is in the mix, it is still unclear whether the "Looper" star has officially been offered the role or not. The Los Angeles-born actor has just come out of "The Dark Knight Rises", which left him in an intriguing position as the Batman trilogy finished.
In Marvel universe, Star-Lord leads a group of alien superheros including Rocket Raccoon, Groot, Drax the Destroyer and Gamora to protect the solar system from an evil force. They come from the future and another dimension. In the comics, the Guardians also work with The Avengers to protect the universe.
Previously, a number of actors were named the potential candidates to snatch the part. They included Joel Edgerton, Jack Huston, Jim Sturgess, Lee Pace, Eddie Redmayne and Zachary Levi. Words are, Garrett Hedlund, James Marsden and Sullivan Stapleton are also interested to tackle the role.
Despite the swirling reports about the casting news, director James Gunn insisted that those rumors were "inaccurate." He recently claimed via his Facebook account, "I didn't deny (or confirm) specifics. I just said the majority of the Variety article was inaccurate. So your headline is off."
The "Guardians of the Galaxy" film project has hired Black List scribe Chris McCoy as the screenwriter. The movie reportedly will follow a far-future story revolving around a group of alien beings - each the last of their kind - who eventually travel back in time to protect the earth from alien invasion. Marvel plans to release the flick Stateside on August 1, 2014.
More Guardians of the Galaxy News
- Nina Dobrev Reveals She Accidentally Exposed Her Genitals During Bikini-Clad Photoshoot
- Nicki Minaj and Meek Mill Apparently Only Fake Their Breakup
- NFL Bans Lady GaGa From Talking About Politics at Super Bowl
- Bella Hadid's 'Hurt and Pissed' The Weeknd Moves On So Fast With Selena Gomez
- Jessica Biel's Thriller 'The Sinner' Gets Series Order at USA Network
- Chelsea Handler Blames the Kardashians for Donald Trump's Election Win. Here's Why
- Lamar Odom Apologizes to Ex Khloe for Her 'Wasted Time and Energy' in Emotional Interview
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character