Joseph Gordon-Levitt Also Racing to Lead 'Guardians of the Galaxy'
Another actor has been rumored to be circling the coveted part of Peter Quill in "Guardians of the Galaxy". Deadline reports that Joseph Gordon-Levitt has been added to the shortlist of actors to play the leader who is also known as Star-Lord.
Though the site claims that Gordon-Levitt is in the mix, it is still unclear whether the "Looper" star has officially been offered the role or not. The Los Angeles-born actor has just come out of "The Dark Knight Rises", which left him in an intriguing position as the Batman trilogy finished.
In Marvel universe, Star-Lord leads a group of alien superheros including Rocket Raccoon, Groot, Drax the Destroyer and Gamora to protect the solar system from an evil force. They come from the future and another dimension. In the comics, the Guardians also work with The Avengers to protect the universe.
Previously, a number of actors were named the potential candidates to snatch the part. They included Joel Edgerton, Jack Huston, Jim Sturgess, Lee Pace, Eddie Redmayne and Zachary Levi. Words are, Garrett Hedlund, James Marsden and Sullivan Stapleton are also interested to tackle the role.
Despite the swirling reports about the casting news, director James Gunn insisted that those rumors were "inaccurate." He recently claimed via his Facebook account, "I didn't deny (or confirm) specifics. I just said the majority of the Variety article was inaccurate. So your headline is off."
The "Guardians of the Galaxy" film project has hired Black List scribe Chris McCoy as the screenwriter. The movie reportedly will follow a far-future story revolving around a group of alien beings - each the last of their kind - who eventually travel back in time to protect the earth from alien invasion. Marvel plans to release the flick Stateside on August 1, 2014.
More Guardians of the Galaxy News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed