Pink Facing $36,000 Lawsuit Over Album Royalties
Grammy Award-winning pop artist Pink is facing a $36,000 lawsuit filed in New York last December by Specialists Entertainment and Thunderstone Productions, her former producers who worked on her debut album released in 2000. The two entities are claiming $36,213.31 in unpaid royalties for the carrier single "Can't Take Me Home" and "Hiccup" which they both produced back in 1999.
A representative for the 33-year-old pop-rocker claimed that the lawsuit has no merits since it is not the singer but the record label, Sony, who is legally responsible to pay royalties to the producers. The album was initially distributed by La Face and Arista records but the rights has since been bought by Sony.
Sony, in a letter issued by its Director for Business Affairs, Damon Ellis, to Thunderstone Productions head Stephen Clarke back in September 2012, claimed that Sony had already paid the two producers their royalties. However, the company had mistakenly sent the check intended for Specialists Entertainment to Thunderstone Productions and that further payments to Thunderstone Productions would be withheld until the overpayment was recovered by Sony and turned over to Specialists Entertainment's head honcho Harold Frasier.
"Can't Take Me Home" is considered as Pink's only R'n'B album and a certified commercial success with more than 5 million copies sold. Since then, Pink has gone on to release five other albums. She is nominated in this year's Grammy Awards, scheduled to be telecast on February 10, and is set to go on her U.S. concert tour "The Truth About Love", which kicks off in Phoenix, Arizona just three days after.
More Pink News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3