ESPN's Anchor Hannah Storm Returns to TV After Propane Gas Grill Accident
Hannah Storm is back on small screen just three weeks after she was burned in a propane gas grill accident at her home in Connecticut. On Tuesday morning, January 1, she hosted ABC's coverage of the 2013 Rose Parade with Josh Elliott of "Good Morning America".
Storm still had a bandage covering her left hand during her first on-air appearance post-the incident. She also wore extensions for the two-hour show, gushing that she "wanted to kiss" a makeup artist who brushed on her first eyebrow.
"The best medicine is being here with you, my friend, for the fifth year in a row," she told Elliott when covering the annual college football fete. Speaking of her TV return, she said over the phone, "I was just so happy to be there, so grateful. It took a lot out of me, but it went great."
Storm was preparing dinner for her family on December 11 when a propane tank exploded at her home. She sustained second-degree burns on her chest and hands, as well as first-degree burns on her face and neck. She also lost her eyebrows, eyelashes, and roughly half of her hair in the explosion.
"There was an explosion and a wall of fire came at me," she previously recalled the incident. "It was like you see in a movie, it happened in a split-second. A neighbor said he thought a tree had fallen through the roof, it was that loud. It blew the doors off the grill."
"Can't begin to thank you all enough for your kindness and support. Getting ready for #RoseParade with @JoshElliottABC. Happy New Year!" she tweeted just before the parade began.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story