Jaden Smith Teams Up With Kid Cudi on 'Higher Up'
Jaden Smith has released a new track titled "Higher Up", which features a collaboration with rapper Kid Cudi. The new rap single contains rhymes from the young son of the Fresh Prince Will Smith and actress Jada Pinkett Smith which are delivered over the instrumental track from Cudi's 2009 song. The 14-year-old Jaden presents a chilled-out R'n'B beat and some lyrics dedicated to his famous set of parents.
The track opens with a gentle piano playing along a relaxed percussion beat. Jaden's deep voice, which was very different from how his vocals sounded in his cameo for Justin Bieber's "Never Say Never", surprises at the very start of the song. Kid joins the rhymes during the familiar hook, singing the line, "Who's all ready to go higher up?"
It is not just the manly voice and the Kid Cudi colab that make this song interesting. Jaden also has some hard-hitting lines that talk about his character, his fashion, and a few apologies to his parents. He sings, "I'm just a kid who's not really a kid/ I'm different, dawg, I wear dresses / I'm not upset / You don't mess with my style cause this stuff's aggressive/ I'm sorry mom and dad I'm just trying to live, tell them bloggers when they see me to stay out my business."
"Higher Up" is just a sample of the team up between Jaden and Kid. The "Day 'n' Nite" hitmaker has previously revealed that Jaden would be a featured artist on his next album, "Indicud", which is slated for a 2013 release.
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert