Jaden Smith Teams Up With Kid Cudi on 'Higher Up'
Jaden Smith has released a new track titled "Higher Up", which features a collaboration with rapper Kid Cudi. The new rap single contains rhymes from the young son of the Fresh Prince Will Smith and actress Jada Pinkett Smith which are delivered over the instrumental track from Cudi's 2009 song. The 14-year-old Jaden presents a chilled-out R'n'B beat and some lyrics dedicated to his famous set of parents.
The track opens with a gentle piano playing along a relaxed percussion beat. Jaden's deep voice, which was very different from how his vocals sounded in his cameo for Justin Bieber's "Never Say Never", surprises at the very start of the song. Kid joins the rhymes during the familiar hook, singing the line, "Who's all ready to go higher up?"
It is not just the manly voice and the Kid Cudi colab that make this song interesting. Jaden also has some hard-hitting lines that talk about his character, his fashion, and a few apologies to his parents. He sings, "I'm just a kid who's not really a kid/ I'm different, dawg, I wear dresses / I'm not upset / You don't mess with my style cause this stuff's aggressive/ I'm sorry mom and dad I'm just trying to live, tell them bloggers when they see me to stay out my business."
"Higher Up" is just a sample of the team up between Jaden and Kid. The "Day 'n' Nite" hitmaker has previously revealed that Jaden would be a featured artist on his next album, "Indicud", which is slated for a 2013 release.
More Jaden Smith News
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed